Hello,

I've posted here a little while back asking how to get a good gritty blues tone on the Line 6 spider IV 75 amp and I got answers saying it's petty much impossible. So this is the question today, what is the best blues effect pedal for this amp? Or does it matter what type of amp it is becasue of the effects pedal? Anyway, is this one any good?

http://www.guitar.co.uk/effects/pedals/88-screamin_blues_overdive_effects_pedal

Thanks.
i actually like that pedal alot, i tried it with my valve king112 and loved it,i regret selling it...never used a spider IV before so i dont know how its gonna sound.
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
The original marshall bluesbreaker, not the bluesbreaker 2 that is out right now. The boss blues driver, ibanez tube screamer
I am the owner of a Line 6 spider myself and I really like the gritty blues tone I get out of the combination of my behringer blues overdrive pedal and my amp. I don't anything about the pedal you posted.

I havn't read your previuos post about your amp but I will just point out that the Line 6 spider hate wagon often attract quite a crowd.

I am quite sure your amp has a blues and crunch preset. If you fiddle with those and maybe throw in a little reverb, you might find a tone that will find suit your needs. The purist will properlly point out that an overdriven tube amp is the only way to go, but I think you can have fun with blues without buying a new amp.
Is it version IV now...? :O
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Quote by Fender Dane.
I am the owner of a Line 6 spider myself and I really like the gritty blues tone I get out of the combination of my behringer blues overdrive pedal and my amp. I don't anything about the pedal you posted.

I havn't read your previuos post about your amp but I will just point out that the Line 6 spider hate wagon often attract quite a crowd.

I am quite sure your amp has a blues and crunch preset. If you fiddle with those and maybe throw in a little reverb, you might find a tone that will find suit your needs. The purist will properlly point out that an overdriven tube amp is the only way to go, but I think you can have fun with blues without buying a new amp.

Yes, my amp has both of those preset.. Guess I need to play around a little more. I guess getting a blues pedal couldn't make it any worse though
This thread definitely belongs here in the Acoustic forum.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by MortifiedLizard
This thread definitely belongs here in the Acoustic forum.

I opened thread expecting that by the 1st response I'd see "wrong forum", it took me this far? Thank you for hinting at it, and allow me to say...."wrong forum."
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Quote by clayonfire
I opened thread expecting that by the 1st response I'd see "wrong forum", it took me this far? Thank you for hinting at it, and allow me to say...."wrong forum."

Hmm, sorry man.
Obligatory reply to someone with a Line 6 Spider:

"Get a new amp."

Seriously, if you want a great blues tone, you'll never get it with that amp.
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Fender 60's Lacquer Jazzmaster
Schecter C-1+ with SD '59
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay
Running a pedal into a Spider is like running water into a cat.

Bad combination.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Running a pedal into a Spider is like running water into a cat.

Bad combination.

Dylan. Sig'd. And listen to this man.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Buying Pedals for a Line 6 Spider, is like buying Rims for an early 90's mini van
Quote by alm0st a skat3r
yeah i remember when i had a good conscience. now i dont give a ****

xxx
smoke weed, drink 40's, **** titties
There is two things you can always find on UG. People either bashing Gibson for being overpriced or people bashing Line 6 products.
Quote by Fender Dane.
There is two things you can always find on UG. People either bashing Gibson for being overpriced or people bashing Line 6 products.

true. and it's all a load of nonsense.

Whoever told you you can't get a gritty blues tone out of that amp wasn't looking past "line 6". as soon as you say "line 6", a load of idiots run over to shout "lol noob line 6 sux" on these forums.

It's just a matter of experimenting with the amp, playing around with the controls, learning what they do and how they affect the sound, and then adjusting them to your liking. I don't mean to sound condescending but if you have to ask how to get a particular type of tone out of a modelling amp, you probably need to learn how to use it. Because your definition of a gritty blues tone probably differs from everyone elses - it's all subjective.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.