So I'm an American, hopefully studying abroad in Bath next spring. Money's tight, and craigslist is a good resource to get things cheap, should I need any furniture or whatnot when I get there, and possibly a way to get a small under the table job. However, when I go to the Bath craigslist, it is pretty much vacant. I was wondering if you guys have some sort of alternative, or if there's nothing comparable.
Quote by indiebass21
So I'm an American, hopefully studying abroad in Bath next spring. Money's tight, and craigslist is a good resource to get things cheap, should I need any furniture or whatnot when I get there, and possibly a way to get a small under the table job. However, when I go to the Bath craigslist, it is pretty much vacant. I was wondering if you guys have some sort of alternative, or if there's nothing comparable.

Yeah, baths craiglist is poor. You can try the freecycle network, or the charity shops there.

Uni of bath or bath spa? What are you studying? Im studying sociology.
ebay I guess?
Also I have a friend who goes to uni in Bath. Just a bit of information about me there.

Also Freecycle is brilliant if there's one in your area where you're going.
Essentially when people don't want something any more they just put it up and if you want it you claim it then go and get it. Very good for furniture and the like, people are always getting rid of that.
Obviously it's a give and receive type of thing though, but just be polite considerate and offer something up every once in a while.
Thanks, that's helpful. And neither, it's not really a university, it's ASE, run by Oxford and a bunch of American colleges.