im really getting into the psychedelic, 60's experimental stuff (if that makes sense). like when 60's guitarists used to screw around with a bunch of stuff "that made them more high" etc.
i have around $600 for pedals and stuff

i was looking at stuff like

MXR carbon copy
boss rt-20 rotary thingy
(various fuzz pedals)
the electro harmonix micro synth thing is kinda neat too

does anyone have any suggestions on anything else that can give me your irregular psychedelic sounding spacious stuff?vkinda like when david gilmour lays his guitar down and makes trippy noises like in echoes.
Quote by MattBR
like when 60's guitarists used to screw around with a bunch of stuff "that made them more high" etc.

Que?

You're on the right track with the Carbon Copy (delays, especially with modulation, can be pretty psychedelic), but you can do a lot better. Check out the Ekko 616, Disaster Transport, and Deluxe Memory Man for that sort of thing. As far as modulation goes, phaser, flanger, vibrato, and vibe can get you come cool stuff. Fuzz is also a good idea. Octave stuff can be pretty trippy and oscillating fuzzes like the Fuzz Factory and ABsynth can be a lot of fun too
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
you should defintley get the digitech whammy and mess around with that. Look into moogerfooger phaser and delay pedals, they are expensive around 300 but worth it if your looking for that 60's trip sound
yeah was also looking at the bbe soul vibe as well.

any particular brands for the modulations that wont break my budget?
Check out the WMD Geiger Counter?
MY GEAR

Guitars
- Gibson SG Standard(Ebony)
Amps
- Vox AC30
Pedals
- Vox V487A Wah
- SansAmp Classic
- EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
- MadeByMike Custom Overdrive
- HBE Germania 44
Quote by sotostrat
you should defintley get the digitech whammy and mess around with that. Look into moogerfooger phaser and delay pedals, they are expensive around 300 but worth it if your looking for that 60's trip sound

Or the Moog Ring Mod

Instead of the Whammy, I'd suggest checking out the Ring Thing. It does polyphonic pitch shifting, ring mod, and a ton of other really strange effects. On another note, reverb is a pretty good option as well. Reverse reverb in particular can give you some pretty strange sounds
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
thanks thanks ill look into them, lots of the guitar shops around my place dont carry much at all, so i am youtubing my ass off atm.
Quote by Kcintlob
Just buy everything Electro Hamonix sells and hook it all together.

HOG->Ring Thing->Muff->Small Stone->Flanger Hoax->DMM->Cathedral=
Board:
Quote by MattBR
what pedals give reverse reverb?

The EH Cathedral and Digitech Hardwire RV7. Some Alesis and Yamaha rack units do it really well too
Board:
Quote by Kcintlob
Just buy everything Electro Hamonix sells and hook it all together.

This.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
i have a proco rat and a memory boy in my loop, add a little reverb on top of those and shred and its very psychadelic
Rig:
Jay Turser ES-335 w/ 2 Burstbuckers OR
J&E Custom w Duncan SSL3 and SHL59>
MXR Dynacomp>
Ibanez TS-9>
Dunlop Crybaby>
Fender Hot Rod DeVille 212
effects loop:
Boss BD-2>
Danelectro Vibe>
Boss DD-6>
Morley Volume

my shit screams.
Quote by MattBR
what about those devi ever fuzz pedals?

Great pedals, but not recommended for the more psychedelic stuff. IMO Devi Ever are more suited for the old 8-bit synth sounds, think Nine Inch Nails.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by MortifiedLizard
Great pedals, but not recommended for the more psychedelic stuff. IMO Devi Ever are more suited for the old 8-bit synth sounds, think Nine Inch Nails.

not necessarily. i think big, pillow-y, muffy tones can sound dreamy and psychedelic.
im thinking of the memory boy over the CC atm, cuz one, its cheaper, and two quite a few more options like sq. wave etc. which i like.

and the description for the mushroom thing is like exactly what i stated before, its pretty neat.
Three Delays > One Delay.

Other than that....

A Fuzz
Wah
Reverb

Then you're pretty much set, id look at a Tremelo as well, because they're awesome as ****.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣