If I were to try learning blues and jazz, what are some songs any of you would recommend to me? I try to play a lot of Allman Brothers, and I can do well enough on some of their songs. I've always liked the idea of improv jams, and when I hang out with my friends that's usually what we enjoy doing.

I know the major and minor blues scales, but nothing whatsoever on jazz. I still feel, though, I can improve my blues playing and learn the jazz scales better. I can play a little bit of some Chet Atkins songs and I like the jazz style, something that I've always had a liking for.

There's not really much more I have to say, but if anybody can give me advice on where to go from here, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
R E D W A T E R
D I S T I L L E R Y
Listen. Jazz is such a varied style of music nowadays that it's impossible to give recommendations. Google up "jazz guitarists" and then use YouTube or Pandora or whatever to listen to what's being put down these days.

The same with the blues. YouTube is a treasure trove of classic blues recordings. Listen to some of the old masters and see what style you like, then look into that.
And by "Old Masters" I don't mean the Allman Brothers. Go back to the Delta bluesmen like Son House and that bunch.