Is this amp any good? I was reading and old interview with Mike Riggs (Ex Rob Zombie, Scum of the Earth), and he said he used this amp. I love the tone he got on Hellbilly Deluxe and The Sinister Urge with Rob Zombie, and I'm wondering if this head could recreate that sound. Thanks
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Quote by beckyjc
Theyre the old MGs.

Just after they bought em off from Park. I doubt theyre any good.

I thought park were a marshall "off-brand" anyway.. i know i've seen "Marshall Park" amps and "Park by Marshall".. The G series is the early MG series however - The marshall G series is basically the park range after they decided to just stick a "proper" marshall logo on the front of it and remove the park logo.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by Flash Nightmare
Hey OP, you still looking to recreate that tone?

Yeah dude I love those albums, but I don't like MG's. That's why I asked. Whats the crime for liking how something sounds? Art is totally objective. I guess my 6505 will do, huh?
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Quote by WSR66
Yeah dude I love those albums, but I don't like MG's. That's why I asked. Whats the crime for liking how something sounds? Art is totally objective. I guess my 6505 will do, huh?

The 6505 should most definately do it. Add an EQ in the loop if you haven't already. It works wonders.
Quote by Flash Nightmare
The 6505 should most definately do it. Add an EQ in the loop if you haven't already. It works wonders.

Yeah I have the 108, I'll see if it'll do. Any specific frequencies to scoop/boost? I'll most likely boost the mids and mess w the treble/ and presence the most. The treble is definitely not crisp enough for me stock on this amp.
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
The half-stack G100RCD was the first amp I owned; good old cheap b-stock, heh.

They're slightly better than an MG due to the cleans being nicer, but that doesn't mean I'd recommend it by a long shot.
404: Sig not found.
Quote by ChrisN
The half-stack G100RCD was the first amp I owned; good old cheap b-stock, heh.

They're slightly better than an MG due to the cleans being nicer, but that doesn't mean I'd recommend it by a long shot.

^Thanks. I'm just gonna stick w/ my 6505, and maybe run my old 90's valvestate in stereo to get even closer.
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab