Hey,

This another prog song for my band The Crab People. We felt we were going a bit over the rails with the prog a bit so we toned it down a lot for this one - our "Single".

It's still a bit odd, especially the outro, but we quite like odd I suppose

I'm not happy with the transition bit from bars 77-80.

The outro solo is just me experimenting with what wierd noises you can make on GP, but the solo will be the same sort of thing with effects etc.

Will C4C

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: UPDATED VERSION IN MY LAST POST
Attachments:
wee.gp5
Last edited by benonbass1 at Aug 9, 2010,
Quote by benonbass1
Hey,

This another prog song for my band The Crab People. We felt we were going a bit over the rails with the prog a bit so we toned it down a lot for this one - our "Single".

It's still a bit odd, especially the outro, but we quite like odd I suppose

I'm not happy with the transition bit from bars 77-80.

The outro solo is just me experimenting with what wierd noises you can make on GP, but the solo will be the same sort of thing with effects etc.

Will C4C

Thanks in advance.

Your genre has interested me :P
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
I'll go ahead and start off by saying that it reminds me A LOT of Scale the Summit... especially the 9/8 riff. But, aside from that, I don't really see anything progressive about it...

It's a good song though. It's main issue is dynamics. It has none. It has one speed: "moderate". There's nothing else about it to balance anything. It gets old at about measure 40 or so. Vary it up! Add some fast sections, some slow sections, some odd sections (the thing from Bar 82 on was awesome... I wanted an epic solo there!). Just change the pace a bit.

The first riff sounds a lot like the Silversun Pickups to me. It's good, and, to me, very oceany. I like it. Some pads/synth would do it A LOT of justice. The riff after is VERY nice. It needs expansion in a bad way. It was my favorite riff!

The thing at Bar 12 is a bit cliche... in the bad way. I wrote a riff like this when I first started guitar but the riff after is REALLY nice. The thing at Bar 18 should have been expanded upon as well. That little section offers a nice change of dynamics and pace. I was really hoping that would lead into the next part and we'd get a fast section.

I don't really like the thing at Bar 65 either. It seems just thrown in, honestly. Like you ran out of ideas and wanted to do something "random". If you just take it out it flows a lot better and sounds better to me.

Work on changing things up a bit. It's all too... samey, if you catch my drift. Good attempt though! 7/10

C4C? "Defining a Heavenly Body" in my sig.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
I'll go ahead and start off by saying that it reminds me A LOT of Scale the Summit... especially the 9/8 riff. But, aside from that, I don't really see anything progressive about it...

It's a good song though. It's main issue is dynamics. It has none. It has one speed: "moderate". There's nothing else about it to balance anything. It gets old at about measure 40 or so. Vary it up! Add some fast sections, some slow sections, some odd sections (the thing from Bar 82 on was awesome... I wanted an epic solo there!). Just change the pace a bit.

The first riff sounds a lot like the Silversun Pickups to me. It's good, and, to me, very oceany. I like it. Some pads/synth would do it A LOT of justice. The riff after is VERY nice. It needs expansion in a bad way. It was my favorite riff!

The thing at Bar 12 is a bit cliche... in the bad way. I wrote a riff like this when I first started guitar but the riff after is REALLY nice. The thing at Bar 18 should have been expanded upon as well. That little section offers a nice change of dynamics and pace. I was really hoping that would lead into the next part and we'd get a fast section.

I don't really like the thing at Bar 65 either. It seems just thrown in, honestly. Like you ran out of ideas and wanted to do something "random". If you just take it out it flows a lot better and sounds better to me.

Work on changing things up a bit. It's all too... samey, if you catch my drift. Good attempt though! 7/10

C4C? "Defining a Heavenly Body" in my sig.

Thanks dude, it's given me a lot to think about, I'll certainly take this into mind and try and improve it. I know what you mean about bar 12, that'll probably be the first thing I'll change.

I hadn't heard of Scale the Summit before, but I'm just looking them up, and they seem pretty cool. I'll have to listen to some properly.

I'll return the favour when I get back on tomorrow, thanks
I like that new version. Bars 49-53 are great.

Edit:

This song definitely had a Pinkly Smooth sound to it.
Last edited by Sum41DudeRob at Aug 10, 2010,