Page 1 of 4
I will be 18 five days after election day. Is there any kind of law (in Connecticut or federally) that will allow me to vote this year?

Or am I shit outta luck for another 2 years?
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
You're not smart enough to vote until 5 days after election day, they know this through extensive research.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
As long as you're 18 on voting day and you're registered to vote, you can do so. So, you're screwed for another two years.
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Drive! Drive on down the field, men of the scarlet and gray...
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

a0/2 + ∑ an cos(nπx/L) + bn sin(nπx/L)

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
It's not like 1 vote is going to make a difference.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Koshman32

And this ladies and gentleman is why we are stuck with the same politcal parties even though most people will happily complain about them when no election is on.
Quote by Koshman32

If everyone thought like this, no one would vote.

EDIT: You are a dumbass for thinking that
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
Last edited by izbbass at Aug 8, 2010,
Well obviously you aren't intelligent enough to make an informed decision until the exact day of your 18th birthday so you'll have to wait.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I turned 18 four days after election day back in '08.
Last edited by neidnarb11890 at Aug 8, 2010,
Quote by bnull24
Actually, true. The voting age should probably be higher. Most people my age (20) are still extremely immature, have a limited understanding of how the world works, pay no attention to political issues or have even a moderate knowledge of them, yet they still vote. The latter half of that sentence is true for all age groups, but it seems to be particularly common with young people.

I would forfeit my right to vote for the time being, if it would stop all of those other people for voting until they were more mature.

Or rather than limiting voting to age, have voters pass some kind of simple 'voter competency test' or IQ test when registering. Just because someone else my age is too stupid to vote doesn't mean you should take away MY rights.
Considering that you're a teabagger and a Glenn Beck fan, it's probably better that you're forced to wait two years to be allowed to vote.

Seeing as you're 17 and live in a town in Connecticut that is 95% white and probably only has like 4% of the population living in poverty, you probably know f*ck all about how the world actually works. People like you are a danger to our democracy because they insist on being allowed to vote on things that they know nothing about.

^I would like that soooo much. Like a test at the polling place. If you don't know the platform of the candidates, you can't vote.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by guylee
you're SOL dude. Sorry.

Damn

For some reason I could of sworn there was some kind of law or something that said if you turn 18 after the general election within a certain number of days you could vote. Oh well, I'll go down to my town hall and ask them later
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
Quote by Greenie_777
And this ladies and gentleman is why we are stuck with the same politcal parties even though most people will happily complain about them when no election is on.

Quote by Das_Skittles
Considering that you're a teabagger and a Glenn Beck fan, it's probably better that you're forced to wait two years to be allowed to vote.

On further thought, this.
Quote by izbbass
Damn

For some reason I could of sworn there was some kind of law or something that said if you turn 18 after the general election within a certain number of days you could vote. Oh well, I'll go down to my town hall and ask them later

Go vote anyway, as a sort of protest. Remember the flapper girls from the '20s?
Quote by Das_Skittles

So he shouldn't vote because of his political views? That sounds like Fascism to me.
Last edited by rgrockr at Aug 8, 2010,
Quote by Das_Skittles

Seeing as you're 17 and live in a town in Connecticut that is 95% white and probably only has like 4% of the population living in poverty, you probably know f*ck all about how the world actually works. People like you are a danger to our democracy because they insist on being allowed to vote on things that they know nothing about.

People like you are morons for stereotyping. And it's not a democracy, it's a republic. In a republic, the people elect representatives to go to D.C for them. In a democracy, the people vote on everything directly.
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
Quote by rgrockr
Or rather than limiting voting to age, have voters pass some kind of simple 'voter competency test' or IQ test when registering. Just because someone else my age is too stupid to vote doesn't mean you should take away MY rights.

Exactly. They should have it so when you turn 16 or something you can take a test to apply for a voting license, and you'd have to renew it every election. Keep the dumbasses from voting.
Youre shit out of luck. Even if you turned 18 the day before election day you still wouldnt be able to vote. You need to register to vote first, silly goose.

My advice? Register to vote now ahead of time. Not that it would help you in particular. Youre just bad timing. Go yell at your parents for not having sex 5 days earlier..I danno ?
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
*looks at sig*
No TS, you can't vote

ever.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by rgrockr

No I don't. I'm not 90 and we never went over woman's rights in that time period for some reason
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
Quote by rgrockr
Pretty sure this would violate the Fifteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution.
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Drive! Drive on down the field, men of the scarlet and gray...
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

a0/2 + ∑ an cos(nπx/L) + bn sin(nπx/L)

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
No, you can't vote. It's overrated anyway, you're not missing much.

EDIT: @ the Tea Party. What a joke. It's a national embarrassment.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Republicans- I have a really bad idea.
Democrats- I can make it SHITTER!

Republicans have bad ideas, and Democrats have none.

Republicans blow and Democrats Suck, thats the only real difference- Lewis Black

So this isnt pointless as it have no meaning to thread at all. No you cant vote, you are just going have to wait it out.
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
Quote by GRiMM94
Exactly. They should have it so when you turn 16 or something you can take a test to apply for a voting license, and you'd have to renew it every election. Keep the dumbasses from voting.

They used to have this, and a poll tax. Many places used it to keep the poor and uneducated from voting, mainly blacks. Voting Rights Act got rid of these.
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
Quote by Got Guitar?
Pretty sure this would violate the Fifteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution.

Yeah, it would. The South just HAD to go and ruin it forever by using literacy tests to screw blacks.

And what makes that different from "more prepared and capable people" taking the right away from the idiots? Fucking dipshit.

And the whole idea of not being able to vote until you're 18... is well... you know... not being able to do so until you're 18.
Guys, can we not argue this right now? I personally think Glenn's a nutcase and I find the tea party movement horrendously annoying, but the TS wants to know if he can vote this year, and he's entitled to regardless of what we think of his opinion, and in the US, he's entitled to voice his opinion and make a decision based on it. Don't be an ass just because he disagrees with you, alright?

Anyway, I know that for 2008 at least, there was a law here that if you would be old enough to vote in the November poll for the actual election, then you could vote in the primaries even if you weren't 18 years old. Not sure what's-what, but call up your local representative; this is a big day for them, and 2000 and 2004 proved every vote counts, so there's a chance they'll personally check the books.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Trust me as soon as you hit 18 everything changes and your intelligence increases tenfold

Quote by rgrockr

You would never pass my test.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by izbbass
If everyone thought like this, no one would vote.

EDIT: You are a dumbass for thinking that

No he's not.
Quote by necrosis1193
Guys, can we not argue this right now? I personally think Glenn's a nutcase and I find the tea party movement horrendously annoying, but the TS wants to know if he can vote this year, and he's entitled to regardless of what we think of his opinion, and in the US, he's entitled to voice his opinion and make a decision based on it. Don't be an ass just because he disagrees with you, alright?

Anyway, I know that for 2008 at least, there was a law here that if you would be old enough to vote in the November poll for the actual election, then you could vote in the primaries even if you weren't 18 years old. Not sure what's-what, but call up your local representative; this is a big day for them, and 2000 and 2004 proved every vote counts, so there's a chance they'll personally check the books.

Yes, but I miss this by 5 days..
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Youre shit out of luck. Even if you turned 18 the day before election day you still wouldnt be able to vote. You need to register to vote first, silly goose.

I believe this is false. You can register before you're 18 as long as you will be 18 on election day. If I'm wrong, feel free to prove it.
Quote by metal_al73
Trust me as soon as you hit 18 everything changes and your intelligence increases tenfold

Yea I get to put my name on a list in case of a draft
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
it is cool that you waanna vote, there are 56 fat ass holes who have never voted out there, so glad there is people who think like you but youll just have to wait 2 years
Quote by rgrockr

So he shouldn't vote because of his political views? That sounds like Fascism to me.

No, he shouldn't be allowed to vote because the Tea Party (and Glenn Beck, for that matter) is an embarrassment to this country. Being proud of the fact that you believe in conspiracy theories is f*cking backwards. It doesn't help that teabaggers align themselves with the religious right, who try to legislate morality.

I'm ashamed to be somewhat conservative because such idiots have a platform to speak. The First Amendment means you can say things, and I would die before that right is taken away from you. It does not mean that you can ignore facts or be immune from insult for doing so. That's beauty of equal protection under the law.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by necrosis1193
Guys, can we not argue this right now? I personally think Glenn's a nutcase and I find the tea party movement horrendously annoying, but the TS wants to know if he can vote this year, and he's entitled to regardless of what we think of his opinion, and in the US, he's entitled to voice his opinion and make a decision based on it.

No he isn't, he's too young. That's the point.

Quote by captaincrunk
So true. I voted, and my candidate lost last time.

I'm currently 0 of 2 in elections. Poor show.

We need weighted voting. Everyone gets a vote, mine is just worth a million of yours.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by izbbass
Yes, but I miss this by 5 days..

Then I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure you may be out-of-luck, but again, it doesn't cost you anything but time, so I'd call up someone who's job it is to know this stuff and be sure before giving up.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by Das_Skittles
No, he shouldn't be allowed to vote because the Tea Party (and Glenn Beck, for that matter) is an embarrassment to this country. Being proud of the fact that you believe in conspiracy theories is f*cking backwards. It doesn't help that teabaggers align themselves with the religious right, who try to legislate morality.

I'm ashamed to be somewhat conservative because such idiots have a platform to speak. The First Amendment means you can say things, and I would die before that right is taken away from you. It does not mean that you can ignore facts or be immune from insult for doing so. That's beauty of equal protection under the law.

I don't and I'm not religious, but I do lean right. And if you went to a tea party, maybe you would see that there are all kinds of people there, even though a good piece may be right leaning whites.
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
Page 1 of 4