I need to know if the BC rich mockingbird masterpiece is any good for its price... if not any suggestions on good 6 string guitars for like £300?
i had a masterpiece sries Bich and found it to be an excellent guitar. i loaned it to a friend who's band had their equipment stolen and he ended up buying it from me as he liked it so much. the pickups aren't great but don't suck either. even the guys on the BC Rich forum seem to like the masterpiece series (they usually are very down on the lower end stuff).
The set-neck and through-neck Mockingbirds are pretty good (particularly the ST and the American-made custom guitars), but not the low-end bolt-on necks.

For 300 GBP (US$479.00), you should have plenty of choices from Fender, Schecter, LTD. etc.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
no he doesnt actually mate

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
My ex-bandmate had a Masterpiece Bich, and he could get a decent tone for pretty much any kind of metal from Judas Priest to Megadeth to Pantera, and a slew of newer stuff(BFMV, Bodom, all that stuff. *gag*), out of a Line6 SpiderJam. Considering he managed to get a decent tone out of a Spider from it, I'm assuming it's good, at least for the price($400 here).
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Quote by Enix165
My ex-bandmate had a Masterpiece Bich, and he could get a decent tone for pretty much any kind of metal from Judas Priest to Megadeth to Pantera, and a slew of newer stuff(BFMV, Bodom, all that stuff. *gag*), out of a Line6 SpiderJam. Considering he managed to get a decent tone out of a Spider from it, I'm assuming it's good, at least for the price($400 here).

Yeah!! What happened to music these days? Thrash all the way!
Quote by Shauntheawesome
Yeah!! What happened to music these days? Thrash all the way!

I agree whole-heartedly, even if you're being sarcastic. =D XD
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.