So, i have a roland microcube and im looking for a new amp. I would go for something like 15 wats ( TOPS !!!) and my budget is around 190 euros ( 220 $ something like that ) . But it would also have to be as small as possible. i know the microcbe is tiny but id like something not much bigger. Hope can help me. Thanks in advance
What genres of music do you play?
Peavey vypr - Metal
Marshall MG - Rock, blues tones
Some people use spiders because eventhough there solidstate they can still be used fair for practice.
i played through the m marshall mg 15fx and something smaller wouldnt hurt.. i play rock , blues, hard rock, grunge.. id prefer something with a good clean channel, and if the od channel isnt great , something that could work well with pedals.
Quote by zakarai
What genres of music do you play?
Peavey vypr - Metal
Marshall MG - Rock, blues tones
Some people use spiders because eventhough there solidstate they can still be used fair for practice.

Marshall's MG's aren't good for anything.

TS, go for the Vypyr if you play metal, and the Vox VT if you play anything else.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Vox Ac4tv then, i'd say.

Using the volume pot, you can make some great sounds.
You'll benefit more.
Quote by JagerSlushy
Marshall's MG's aren't good for anything.

TS, go for the Vypyr if you play metal, and the Vox VT if you play anything else.

The Vox VT is right out of question if you don't own a guitar that has a fairly bright tone and preferably singlecoil pickups.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Why do you want a 'slightly bigger than the Microcube' amp? That's not much of a difference in size. If you're looking to play in a band, I'm not sure how the 15w amps will fare.

Granted, the Vypyr is surprisingly loud, but you also have no way of switching between presets on it, unless you bend down every time to go between a clean and dirty sound.

Furthermore, almost nothing in that price range will really be an upgrade from the Microcube. I'd save some more money and get something nicer.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??