Page 1 of 2
The Serendipity 3 restaurant, already famous for expensive desserts, has created the officially recognised world's most expensive dessert, the Haute Chocolate, which is recognised as the world's most expensive.

From the article:

'We take a baccarat Harcourt crystal goblet for the Haute Chocolate, but in this case there is a 18 carat gold and white diamond bracelet attached to the neck ,' said Joe.
'Like the Opulence, the goblet is laced with 23 carat edible gold and we add our famous Serendipity frozen hot chocolate mix that contains 14 rare and secret cocoas.
'In addition to that we add 14 of the world rarest and most expensive cocoas that come from Africa and South America.
The Grand Opulence Sundae is available at 48 hours notice and the Frrrozen Haute Chocolate two weeks
Master at work: Head chef Joe Calderone, 48, pictured at Serendipity, where he has created two of the world's priciest puds
'We then add milk to the mix, add ice cubes and place the 28 different cocoas in the blender for 30 seconds.
'We then add whipped cream and shavings from the world's most expensive truffle, the La Madeline au Truffle, which costs £1,573 ($2,500) a pound.
'On top of that goes five grams of 24 carat edible gold and the dessert is served with a £8,800 ($14,000) jewel encrusted spoon, that the customer can take home along with their diamond encrusted bracelet.'

There is also a similar and less pricey option, the Grand Opulence, which comes in at 1000 dollars.

Anyone fancy trying it?
Wtf , why would anyone want that.

I'll stick to custard and cake
Quote by Tango616
Watching a fat kid dance around in a white shirt....wow...Al Gore was right...the glaciers really ARE shifting.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
It's because Fassa got banned

RIP Dime
I've eaten there, didn't order dessert.
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Aug 8, 2010,
What rich person is going to wear a bracelet they got free with a meal?

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

'Like the Opulence, the goblet is laced with 23 carat edible gold and we add our famous Serendipity frozen hot chocolate mix that contains 14 rare and secret cocoas.
'In addition to that we add 14 of the world rarest and most expensive cocoas that come from Africa and South America.

For whatever reason this made me lol.
MATTERHORN
Ehhh I'll stick to profiteroles or tiramisu
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by Jiggzy.UK
What rich person is going to wear a bracelet they got free with a meal?

Not even a diamond one?
Why get a dessert that costs 15 grand when you can have a relatively small cake that is double that number, but in calories!? That's right, there's one of those babies at Cold Stone Creamery. 34,000 calories.
Quote by BuckinFuffalo
Why get a dessert that costs 15 grand when you can have a relatively small cake that is double that number, but in calories!? That's right, there's one of those babies at Cold Stone Creamery. 34,000 calories.

What's the side order? Type II diabetes?
I remember hearing about that. I'd rather have cheap ass Thrifty ice cream from Rite-Aid in my 10 cent Salvation Army bowl. because, well, that sort of expenditure on a dessert seems ludicrous.

and Cold Stone is great, if you don't tip them. I'm sick of hearing ice cream versions of nursery rhymes.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Aug 8, 2010,
Quote by BuckinFuffalo

34000 calories? You'd gain about 9 pounds (4,5 kg) from that cake
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Gotta admit they do look pretty good. At least you get to keep the spoon and whatnot so it isn't a total waste of money.
The one with the royal sceptre and gown

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Member of the "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join.
only if someone bought it for me
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Man, thank God the russians created UG. Otherwise, how would I have gotten this information?
Quote by Bearded_Seth
People who have too much money. Give it to a noble cause at least.

the profits from the sales of these desserts go to charity.
This place is also has some 'bad' milkshakes. One of their flavours has 2500 calories. And that's for a small I think
I don't see the point of this. How much does the dessert cost without the gold and stuff?
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Quote by Kensai
34000 calories? You'd gain about 9 pounds (4,5 kg) from that cake

Not sure you could actually absord all that, though.
You'd probably have some pretty funky diarrhoea.
Quote by sfaune92
I don't see the point of this. How much does the dessert cost without the gold and stuff?

The ice-cream is supposed to be a really expensive one with some rare plant in it. So you're looking at a decent sum of money just for the ice-cream.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Not even a diamond one?

Yeah, but one day at some ball or something some posh lady is going to say " lovely bracelet, where did you get it?" and you'll have to reply " Uhh, i got it free with a dessert..."

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I'm sorry it's Daily Mail...

You will be.

Also, why would anyone buy this?
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
I'd order one if I had £15k to spare - sounds pretty tasty. Ice cream, chocolate, truffle....
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

yeah right, i bet it's just Dairy Milk and Galaxy chocolate and some Mr Whippy Ice Cream.
Quote by Mr_Jubby_Jubs

How delightfully indulgent.

I thought of the exact same thing, haha.

Edible gold? What a waste.

This whole thing pisses me off. People are dying of starvation and a lack of proper health care while people throw money at shit like this.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
If I had 15000 to spend on food, I wouldn't do it on just a dessert. I'd get a trip for as long as I could afford eating in the best restaurants all over the place.
Page 1 of 2