I was looking at some tabs earlier and a link for TangTrade came up on the side.

Thats apparently a real gibson for $350.

For me that would be about £200, you can't even get an epiphone for that.

They look real at the headstock etc, but surely there's a catch at that price?
Last edited by morson93 at Aug 8, 2010,
they arent.

they are fakes.

remove the link from your post

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
those are just stock photos
but from the price ya they're fake
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
I am amazed at how many threads about this site come up. Surely the large header "China Wholesale Products Center" would tip you off that they're fakes.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
TangTrade deal in fakes.

I'd remove the link.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
I thought this topic has been done before..
but yes, theyre fake, remember, when a deal is TOO good to be true, it probably is.
Sometimes its worth paying 2000$ for a les paul than 900$.
Quote by morson93
How can they get away with selling fakes like that?

Technically, they shouldn't. It's illegal, and possession of them is too(As is selling it). But when something is a hot ticket, there's always someone selling a crappy version that looks the same, but falls apart after a few weeks. Rule of thumb: If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

Honestly, this is the third in the past few weeks I've seen, can we please get a sticky'd thread up at the top with a headline like "See an expensive guitar for cheap from a Chinese company? It's probably an illegal copy." or something else to alert people to it? Seriously, shouldn't common sense ring in?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by necrosis1193
Seriously, shouldn't common sense ring in?
Quote by dweb23
Surely common sense would prevail...
What would give you that idea? You have both been to these forums before, right?
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
seriously, your brain should tell you something is wrong when you see a Brand New Gibson Les Paul Custom thats not over £2000, and also they list the Ibanez Iceman as, and i quote

"Free shipping+NEW ARRIVALING Ibanez Strange Electric Guitar"
Quote by morson93
I was looking at some tabs earlier and a link for TangTrade came up on the side.

Thats apparently a real gibson for $350.

For me that would be about £200, you can't even get an epiphone for that.

They look real at the headstock etc, but surely there's a catch at that price?

Jesus Christ, use your brain.

In what universe would you be able to get a guitar retailing for $1400+ for $300?

They also don't look right at the headstock. Gibson uses 9 digit serials for their USA guitars - those are 8.

Also, USA guitars get stamped serials and CS ones get the printed, but they lack the Made In USA label and have serials that are 7 digits and begin with CS.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Last edited by bubb_tubbs at Aug 8, 2010,
Quote by lemonhead13
buy it... lol

don't encourage illegal (a felony) activities.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Stop giving these sites free publicity. How dumb do you have to be to think these are real?