Hi guys, if someone could help me out with this question I'd be most greatful.

I currently play a Mexican Strat through a Fender 112 Deluxe Plus (a solid state amp of about 80w I think).

I use a digitech RP500 for effects and amp tones. Now my question is, if I were to upgrade to a new amp (like, for instance, a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe) would I notice a large (or any) difference in sound quality?

For some reason, I have a feeling that because my RP500 is doing amp modelling, and it's going into a clean channel, I wouldn't notice that much difference between the two. I know the hot rod has a better clean sound, but would it really be noticeable, and lead to a better representation of the sound? Or perhaps I'm being stupid, and there'll be a world of difference.

Look forward to hearing your responses.
Gear;
Epiphone Dot, Hondo II LP (wi S. Duncans), Squire Affinity Strat, Fender Deluxe 112 Plus (85w)

Best Bands Seen; AC/DC, Metallica, Sex Pistols, Iggy & The Stooges, The Cure, Dark Tranquility, In Flames, The Answer, The Stranglers.
Get a pedal or two for your main dirty sounds then buy the hot rod deluxe. The clean sound of the hot rod will out do any of the rp500's cleans anyway so it seems a bit strange to run the 500 before the amp. A single dirt pedal and the hot rod deluxe makes a lot more sense to me.

But yeah it might sound better. Valve amps tend to sound better to most people, so having a nice base clean sound to run the models off of will sound better than the sterile solid state sound.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
I'm using a RP300 right now with my new Bugera v55. But it's only temporary til I get the pedals i need to imitate the ones I have programmed.
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
There would be some differences cuz of the speakers and all but not a lot. Just sell the RP500 and buy dist and od pedals.

Or u could use the rp500 in the HRD's effects loop and bypass the amp modelling and just use the effects from the RP.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by holycow
There would be some differences cuz of the speakers and all but not a lot. Just sell the RP500 and buy dist and od pedals.

There will be more difference than just the speakers. Tube amplification generally sounds better to our ears than solid state. I think you would notice a tremendous difference.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
Quote by holycow

Or u could use the rp500 in the HRD's effects loop and bypass the amp modelling and just use the effects from the RP.

Yeah dude I had a question about that. Would you just have to bypass the pedal's onboard amp patches when editing channels? Sorry for stealing your thread OP.
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
There is the Bypass Amp Modelling switch, I imagine that would do the job? No need to individually edit all the patches.

I think I will try using the RP500 just for effects first, and see how it sounds. Even through my solid state, some of the patches sound quite good (to me) and I agree with the theory that having a nicer baseline will lead to a nicer sound overall.

Don't worry about thread jacking, any discussion is good with me.
Gear;
Epiphone Dot, Hondo II LP (wi S. Duncans), Squire Affinity Strat, Fender Deluxe 112 Plus (85w)

Best Bands Seen; AC/DC, Metallica, Sex Pistols, Iggy & The Stooges, The Cure, Dark Tranquility, In Flames, The Answer, The Stranglers.