Hey, im new to the forum and looking into one of these guitars.

http://www.dv247.com/guitars/epiphone-1958-korina-explorer-electric-guitar-ebony--37181

Ive been playing for about 2 and a half years, im in a band and we play classic rock and modern rock such as Green Day, Blink 182, Led Zep, Black Sabbath, then random classics. I love Metallica and play it all day and night long. Is this guitar good for the kind of stuff i play?
Its a really great rhythm guitar, it sure was a chugger when I had mine.

Even though they say that its Korina, I don't think the ebony ones are. Mine was solid mahogany. The natural finished ones are though. I may be wrong though.

Aside from that, it should fit your genre's quite well.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
okay, thanks for the help. Seeing as you had one, would you be able to tell me what the clean sound is like on it? Ive not heard it clean very much.
a friend of mine had this exact one, and it was kinda 'meh'
for me, the neck was a little bit too thick, but its all personal preferance
DIMETHYLTRYPTAMINE
lol
Quote by trialsjames
okay, thanks for the help. Seeing as you had one, would you be able to tell me what the clean sound is like on it? Ive not heard it clean very much.

Cleans were decent. It mostly depends on what amp your playing through. You can find some reviews on youtube Im sure.

And if I were you, I would put on some gold gibson speed knobs, and some straplocks. Its a heavy mother effer
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by diceksox1809
Its a really great rhythm guitar, it sure was a chugger when I had mine.

No, if it has .09s on it should be able to play leads fine. The pickups in Epi's suck which makes leads muddy, but not unplayable.

EDIT: I reread what you wrote and I thought you said it was only capable of playing rhythm, if you didn't mean it that way my bad XD

Quote by --ESTRANGED--
a friend of mine had this exact one, and it was kinda 'meh'
for me, the neck was a little bit too thick, but its all personal preferance

This is another thing. My SG's neck was too thick for me and it nearly hurt to play rhythm parts for longer than 10 mins. If the TS has been playing for 2 and a half years he should be able to tell whether the guitar's neck is right for him or not.

As long as you play it for a while you should be able to determine whether you'll like it or not.
Last edited by siverstorm at Aug 8, 2010,
Sounds good. Let me know if you have any more questions Im happy to help.

EDIT: ^^No worries. I was just trying to say I perferred it much more as rhythm than lead.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Last edited by diceksox1809 at Aug 8, 2010,
Thanks, ive only played one in my local guitar shop which sadly closed down, i played it for about 10 minutes and really liked it. Obviously 10 minutes isnt long enough to properly get the hang of it, the neck felt fine, i just couldnt really get the right sound in such a short amount of time. I just plugged in and played some jimi hendrix, metallica and killswitch and i though it sounded fine.