EEEEEE

Yeah, all E's. I've been trying to learn Mind Riot by Soundgarden, but it never sounded right when I played in standard. This is what came up when I went looking for tabs. I just dont know how to tune to it by ear (my tuner's busted..), anybody know how?
---------------------------
Here have a waffle!
(>^_^)>#
see the tab here on UG:

Low to High:
6-E 5-E (same as 6) 4-E (one octavie higher, 3 and 2 are the same)
3-E 2- E 1 - E (normal)

So your first 2 strings are the same E, while the next 3 are the same as well, just one octave higher. And then lastly, the high E is normal (which is 1 octave higher than the three former strings.

hope that made sense.

EDIT:

So you tune you A-string down by 5 semitones, your D-string up by 2 semitones, your G down by 3, and your B down by 7 and leave the high E as is.
Ibanez RGT6EXFX -> Ibanez TS9 -> Korg Pitchblack -> Peavey 5150 II head -> Mesa Rectifier 2x12 cab
Last edited by Eskil Rask at Aug 8, 2010,
Quote by Funk-E-Munk
just hit the low or high E and tune the other strings to that note?

dude, if he did that, most of the strings would go really sloppy (if he tuned to the low one) or break (if he tuned to the high one) .. use your brains.
Ibanez RGT6EXFX -> Ibanez TS9 -> Korg Pitchblack -> Peavey 5150 II head -> Mesa Rectifier 2x12 cab
If you manage to get hold of a keyboard, it'd make life much easier.

I would suggest first getting a low E, then tuning it in unison with the next string (A). You'll probably need to change gauge to make it sound good though.

Then tune the D string up to E, by matching the octave to the string below.

From there, tune the G down to E, matching it in unison with the string below.

The B is quite tricky, as tuning up or down can result in it sounding weird, as its nearly in the middle, but i'd suggest putting a lighter gauge on, and tuning it in unison with the high E.

Depending on you're preferred string gauge, you'll probably want these gauges on, based on you using .010s, put it up or down depending on your gauge.

.046, .046, .032, .032, .010, .010
E2, E2, E3, E3, E4, E4 (octaves of the note)

You'll probably need to get it set up too, but I hope that helped.
I know this is not the answer you want but if you're so new to guitar that you don't know how to do this, then maybe you should concentrate on the basics for a while and worry about alternate tunings later. Good luck.
.....................................................................................

Televisie
Brother toner
Quote by kandhasamy
I know this is not the answer you want but if you're so new to guitar that you don't know how to do this, then maybe you should concentrate on the basics for a while and worry about alternate tunings later. Good luck.
.....................................................................................

Televisie
Brother toner

this = godly and why do you have 2 websites with your post? advertisement?
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P