I was gonna get a new guitar (it has rockfield mafias and a mahogany body, so pretty mellow tone) and i was wondering what type of strings are good. I can get nickel plated steel or stainless steel. Which would be easier to bend, last longer, sound better, keep tuning better, feel smoother, not wear frets more? thanks
Quote by Ratraisin
Do you really kill hobos? Man, that's some bad karma...

THE ORIGINAL HOBO SLAYER
^ Now cool and groovy
i also usually play with high distortion usually, do the stainless steel give more feedback? and in a good or bad way?
Quote by Ratraisin
Do you really kill hobos? Man, that's some bad karma...

THE ORIGINAL HOBO SLAYER
^ Now cool and groovy
I would grab some elixirs if I were you. At least start there. The only way to know for sure is to experiment though.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
The strings that I use are the Dunlop Wylde Strings. They are the perfect mix of sustain and snap that you want when playing with a lot of distortion. Notes ring out like never before and can really crunch when you need them to while at the same time being able to play crazy highs. They are mediums are gauge 10-46 and they last a really long time. They were made for a guitarist that pinch harmonics and whammys like crazy so they never go out of tune.
Stainless Steel strings won't give you more or less feedback, they have a more metallic sound which some people find to be harsh. Also, in my experience, their life is shorter than nickel plated strings, but that is not an universal fact. Just try them, a set of strings is a cheap thing.
Even God has a Hell, his love for Humanity.
by Friedrich Nietzsche

Call me Edge
Quote by hobo slayr
I was gonna get a new guitar (it has rockfield mafias and a mahogany body, so pretty mellow tone) and i was wondering what type of strings are good. I can get nickel plated steel or stainless steel. Which would be easier to bend, last longer, sound better, keep tuning better, feel smoother, not wear frets more? thanks

i think just one of them will not give you everything you want, for what i kno; nickel = good sound, stainless = last longer
so maybe stainless are more economic and nickel plated sound much better but i don't reallr know much about strings, thats what i know for what I have used so...

ohh and I heard vinci strings are good but I don't really know, so if you can find them great
Last edited by thomas666 at Aug 8, 2010,
i use earnie ball super slinky's, never had a problem.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Stainless will wear your frets down faster than nickel. If you play a lot that’s really worth considering, because fret work ain’t cheap.