I keep hearing a strange, fuzzy buzzing on my Mesa Rectoverb's clean channel that accompanies my playing. It's not constantly buzzing, it only happens when I strike a chord, pluck a string....you get the idea. I've tried everything; adjusted the gain, the channel volume, the bass and treble levels, but it's still present. If it's not the amp, then it could be my guitar, which is a Schecter with EMG's, but if that's the case then I dunno what to do, since I've never experienced this problem when using that guitar in conjunction with the clean channel. Any guesses on the problem?
Quote by Jackal58
I eat dead meat all the time. You don't have to chase it around your plate and it doesn't try to peck your eyes out.

It Happens.

My Gear:

-Custom Fender MIM Black Strat
-Mesa/Boogie Rect-O-Verb
-Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
It's your tubes.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
It's your tubes.

Preamp or power tubes? 'Cause I bought and plugged in new 6L6 tubes in January. If preamp, how much do 12AX7's normally run for? I think my pickup battery is okay, though I'll check just in case. And my cable does have a short in it, but I don't think it's the problem since my overdrive channel sounds just as fine as ever
Quote by Jackal58
I eat dead meat all the time. You don't have to chase it around your plate and it doesn't try to peck your eyes out.

It Happens.

My Gear:

-Custom Fender MIM Black Strat
-Mesa/Boogie Rect-O-Verb
-Schecter C-1 Hellraiser