Hey UG,

I need a new home practice setup. I have a beater guitar and I'm gonna buy some new pedals, but I need an amp. I want a Solid State half-stack to go along with my friend's drums in my garage, only solid state because they're cheap. My main amp's in a Store-N-Lok seeing as I haven't gigged in ages, but plan on changing that soon and will keep the Marshall on the road. Anyway, anyone know any somewhat cheap solid state stacks?

By the way, I'm talking less than $800 before tax and shipping, and don't do the usual "What type of music do you play?" please because I'll have plenty of effects to cover the dist/twang I need.

Thanks ahead

Nathan
This most likely isn't what you want to hear, but you can get a used tube half stack for 800. It would be much better than a SS amp.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
I think Musician's Friend has a Marshall head and half-stack on sale for $550. It's an MG of some sort, but it's red and it's normally $700 whereas the other MG is $500 and black, so I'm assuming the red one's better, maybe a hybrid tube?
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Quote by diceksox1809
This most likely isn't what you want to hear, but you can get a used tube half stack for 800. It would be much better than a SS amp.

I don't dislike the idea, I just have a feeling I'm gonna have to put forth more of an effort than I'd like to in order to find a cheap tube stack.

Quote by Enix165
I think Musician's Friend has a Marshall head and half-stack on sale for $550. It's an MG of some sort, but it's red and it's normally $700 whereas the other MG is $500 and black, so I'm assuming the red one's better, maybe a hybrid tube?

I'll look into that, but if it's a plain MG, I'll probably pass.
take a look at 'the club' by ZT AMPLIFIERS , it's a compact 200 watt amp and has good cleans, and it's relatively cheap
You can get a decent new tube head and cab for like $600 or so.

Crate v100? Bugera?
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
1) You caught me.

2) I said I'm looking for an SS, not a tube.

3) I've been playing long enough to know I can get the general sound I want if I put enough of what I have behind it. I've played for quite a few years now. I know how to work a pedal
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

Dont look at that MG. Its a regular one with just red snakeskin instead of black.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by CaparisonCore
1) You caught me.

2) I said I'm looking for an SS, not a tube.

3) I've been playing long enough to know I can get the general sound I want if I put enough of what I have behind it. I've played for quite a few years now. I know how to work a pedal

GG&A *Reported*

Randall makes some good SS heads, Ampeg vh140h would be your best bet paired with an Avatar 2x12
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
You could go for a Jet City Amps JCA100 head. It's all tube, and will run you $720 new. You could probably find a used one for cheaper and get a Mesa 212 or an Avatar for $250.

Or you could go for a Vypyr Tube, again with a Mesa cab, maybe a 4x12.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
You could go for a Jet City Amps JCA100 head. It's all tube, and will run you $720 new. You could probably find a used one for cheaper and get a Mesa 212 or an Avatar for $250.

Or you could go for a Vypyr Tube, again with a Mesa cab, maybe a 4x12.

He wants solid state...
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
A used Roland JC-120 would be great, SS, handles pedals great, awesome stereo chorus and the best SS clean sound ever.
$1000 new, could probably get one for $700 or so used (its a 120watt 2X12)
Quote by LolCatGuitar
A used Roland JC-120 would be great, SS, handles pedals great, awesome stereo chorus and the best SS clean sound ever.
$1000 new, could probably get one for $700 or so used (its a 120watt 2X12)

I've heard of it getting down to about $550-$600 used.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90