After years of putting it off I'm finally going to upgrade my amp. I would like to start gigging soon and I'm sick of lugging around my embarrassing 15 watt practice amp.
The tone i'm going for is anything from classic rock to hard rock. I also like to play some metal but i am not an all-out metal player. I would like nice cleans but i guess they do not haveto be perfect. I'm getting rid of my zoom G9.2tt effects board to help fund my new amp and i think my budget is going to max out at $400 At this budget i know that getting a stack is not an option. I would like to go tube combo (dont mind used).

I play a Schecter c-1 classic.

I've narrowed my options down to these amps:

1. Jet City Amplification JCA2112RC 20W Tube Guitar Combo Amp (first choice)
2. Peavey ValveKing 112
3. Bugera V22 22W 1x12 (?)

This is just what i found on musicianfriend. I dont think i want a 6505 and i need an amp primarily for gigging (and band practice).

i need some feedback on my choices and suggestions for other amps in the $300-400 price range. (USA)
JCA20 combo like you said.

/thread inb4 AM

Edit: Keep in mind it is a single channel amp, so switching from cleans to br00tz will be difficult.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Last edited by Guitarbaddie at Aug 8, 2010,
Where did these Jet City amps come from? They suddenly seem to be all the rage on UG.

(Sorry for partial hijack)

Of those three, I don't anything about the Jet City one, so of the other two I'd take the Peavey but only reluctantly.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Jet City is a brand new company and I hear good things so I might grab it while its still making a name for itself
Quote by seemeel
Where did these Jet City amps come from? They suddenly seem to be all the rage on UG.

(Sorry for partial hijack)

Of those three, I don't anything about the Jet City one, so of the other two I'd take the Peavey but only reluctantly.

Just look 'em up, they sound great and are cheap.

The Peavey Valveking is good with modding, a bit more expensive than the JCA20 combo. Not to mention, you would want to swap out the speaker in the ValveKing, since the stock speaker is shit.

Easiest mod on the Peavey VK would be the Dummy Jack Mod.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90