I need a new amp for small gigs and band practice in the metal band that im in. ive been looking at the peavey bandit 112:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Bandit-112-Guitar-Amplifier-with-TransTube-Technology?sku=481332

I was wondering if this amp would be loud enough and reliable enough for small gigs while still maintaining quality sound. If it isn't loud enough for bigger gigs I was thinking I could get another cab to plug into it. Would that work well? Also, how is the distortion, would it be good for high gain metal: from classic metal all the way to modern metalcore (as i lay dying). My budget is about $300-400 and other suggestions are welcome! Thanks!
Quote by kmac1337
I need a new amp for small gigs and band practice in the metal band that im in. ive been looking at the peavey bandit 112:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Bandit-112-Guitar-Amplifier-with-TransTube-Technology?sku=481332

I was wondering if this amp would be loud enough and reliable enough for small gigs while still maintaining quality sound. If it isn't loud enough for bigger gigs I was thinking I could get another cab to plug into it. Would that work well? Also, how is the distortion, would it be good for high gain metal: from classic metal all the way to modern metalcore (as i lay dying). My budget is about $300-400 and other suggestions are welcome! Thanks!

Ive heard the bandits are ok, but another suggestion check out a Rocktron vendetta hybrid amps the 80 watt should be in your budget, i personnally owned one and it sounded great, the distortion reached metal territory but i personnaly used an od with it.
And by metal territory i mean metallica range thats y i used a od to get some better distortion. But goodluck
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
I don't know which model fits your budget, but I would suggest that you strongly consider the Roland Cube series. They are brilliant amps for what you pay - I have had the Cube 60 for quite a few years now and I have never been disappointed with it.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
I've owned a Bandit for about 4 years now, and it has always been reliable. Only bad thing is that the switch pedal is shit and will break eventually. Other than that it is awesome!
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
Quote by kmac1337

Hooking up another cab, or bigger cab with more speakers, won't make you louder.

It might, slightly, depending on the size of the cab, but the volume difference won't be anything noticeable.

And you will probably be suggested the JCA20 combo. With a Tubescreamer it can do br00tz no problem, however, I have heard br00tz done without one.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
The Bandits are great amps for the price: they are far from the best amps around, but they are cheap.

It's a good all round amp; nice cleans, good overdrive. The overdrive channel has 3 settings; classic for regular overdrive, high gain for heavier distortion, and modern, which is it's highest gain setting.

Mine has a tendancy to buzz quite a bit when at high gain + high volume, but it doesn't bother me too much as at the moment I use it mostly for clean and slight overdrive.

Anyway, like I said, it's good for the price. Of course, make sure you try before you buy.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by Guitarbaddie
And you will probably be suggested the JCA20 combo. With a Tubescreamer it can do br00tz no problem, however, I have heard br00tz done without one.

That sounds like a great amp, but it only has one channel and id like to be able to switch from clean to br00tz with a footswitch.
I would say look around craigslist and get one of the old Transtube Bandits instead. I actually like the old ones better, and you could easily get one for $200 or less. For $300 you could buy a small tube amp. Not saying this amp is bad, but for the money you can do a lot better imho.
Quote by alm0st a skat3r
yeah i remember when i had a good conscience. now i dont give a ****

xxx
smoke weed, drink 40's, **** titties
Quote by handbanana
I would say look around craigslist and get one of the old Transtube Bandits instead. I actually like the old ones better, and you could easily get one for $200 or less. For $300 you could buy a small tube amp. Not saying this amp is bad, but for the money you can do a lot better imho.

http://www.daddys.com/detail.php?itemTitle=peavey-bandit-112&itemNumber=PEA1677A
Is this an example of one of the older models that ur talking about?
That version is ok. But personally the ones I like the most was the one with the red stripe, and the one with no stripe at all which is older than both the other ones.
Quote by alm0st a skat3r
yeah i remember when i had a good conscience. now i dont give a ****

xxx
smoke weed, drink 40's, **** titties