Try experimenting with uses of open strings to voice chords. That got me really thinking and coming up with unique voicings. Also tight clusters are really interesting, like putting the 7th and root of a Major 7th chord next to each other in the middle of the voicing creates a very airy and lush way to play a relatively bland (by some standards) chord. Open strings used as upper tensions sounds nice as well. Try fingering F# maj (the 2nd fret barre chord) without fretting the B and E strings. Also try voicing chords in 4ths or 5ths for an interesting sound. Have fun with it!
Acoustic chords are no different than electric chords, chords on Piano, mandolin, organ, etc. A C Major chord has the same notes as it would on any other instrument, C, E, and G. Sure, you may play them in different octaves on different instruments, but still; same notes. The only thing different is the voicing and the tone really....../technical musical rant.

Not sure if that's what you were looking for, but if you're trying to find out what chords sound cool and stuff (open chords/tunings, etc) look at the guy above me. Try Aadd9 and Badd11, you can do them in standard and they've got a interesting sound. Or check out what the guy above me says. Experiment. Construct chords. Just mess around. Could be the inspiration for your next big hit. But if you're playing that chord on an acoustic guitar...you can do it on an electric too. A guitar's a guitar.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!