Hey, I'm looking to purchase a Talk Box. I'm new to these, so I want to know what I'm in for. I understand the Dunlop Heil is a great one, but the problem is you need a sperate speaker and stuff. So please refrain from recommending that one. The other 3 I'm looking at are the Rocktron Banshee 1 and 2 and the Danelectro Free Speech.

Any thing you guys can tell me? Warnings, praises?

-Thanks
Gear:
ZT Lunchbox Amp
Schecter C-1+ Diamond Series
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Boss DD-7 Digital Delay
Digitech Whammy
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
EHX Pocket Metal Muff
EHX Small Stone
EHX Memory Toy
EHX Holy Grail
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station
The Danelectro one is pretty cheap.
Think about how much you would actually use a talk box, think about how many songs would actually feature the effect, considering how impractical it is to set up and everything just to perform one song on stage with it.

The Dano is the most sensible option in my opinion. Unless you have a lot of money to spare, or you're a professional musician.

Just my opinion. I am in no way saying that you'll like the sound of that one better or anything.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
jsut so you know with a talk box no sound comes out of your amp. it all comes out of your mouth so for it to be loud(enough for band practice or a gig or something) you HAVE to have a mic

ive heard good things about the rocktron banshee 2, no chance of blowing up your head apperently
i think you need a mic and p.a. system for the sound to come out
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
The Rocktron Banshee I doesn't need a pa/mic setup. All reviews I've seen of it have been pretty decent and the price doesn't suck.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
The three I listed, I was under the impression they didn't need mics or a separate PA. The Heil I know needs it. But I'll do more research into the others. Thanks!
Gear:
ZT Lunchbox Amp
Schecter C-1+ Diamond Series
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Boss DD-7 Digital Delay
Digitech Whammy
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
EHX Pocket Metal Muff
EHX Small Stone
EHX Memory Toy
EHX Holy Grail
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station