....but today, I went to my local pickin' post (Guitar Center), and I was kinda physched to play a Les Paul as I don't have one. But, once I played it, it just didn't feel right for me. I played a lot more guitars and found out I was leaning more to Strats and Gretsch guitars. I was wondering, have any of you ever liked a guitar that didn't like you back?
when i first started playing and didnt know anything, i thought les pauls were the best. i played one and bought a schecter because it seemed to endlessly put the les paul to shame.

was that on topic?
Really, any "shred" or "metal" guitar don't get along with me. Strats, teles, lp's, and other more "traditional" designs and thicker necks work best with my hands, but Ibanez RG's, for example, feel like crap, no matter how high-end it is.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
I bought a B. C. Rich Eagle copy with a Floyd Rose trem. I don't like it, I think my main problem with it is that I worked on it so much and it still doesn't play properly. It sounds OK but I just have a bad taste in my mouth thinking about it. Hopefully I'll get it to work properly some day.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Last edited by Gargoyle2500 at Aug 9, 2010,
It weird..I really REALLY love Gibson guitars but I just can't ever get the right feeling from them. Oh I've tired out some Ibanez stuff but the necks are just wayyy to thin for me.
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
I can't play anything Gibson or Epiphone makes, because my fingers can't play on a 24.75" scale. You probably have a similar problem. Strats are 25.5".

For that reason, I hate Gibson, because they don't make anything else, and they don't really cater to "the player", but just continue to making the guitars they always have.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I'm not an Ibanez person. Their necks are painfully uncomfortable, and I never liked their tone for anything but leads.
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
Quote by omotog
....but today, I went to my local pickin' post (Guitar Center), and I was kinda physched to play a Les Paul as I don't have one. But, once I played it, it just didn't feel right for me. I played a lot more guitars and found out I was leaning more to Strats and Gretsch guitars. I was wondering, have any of you ever liked a guitar that didn't like you back?

Pretty much all the guitars I've sold. They ****ing hated me!
Rule number 913 of life. Buy a guitar with your hands and ears NOT your eyes.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Epiphone Dots and Sheritons. I like the look and $ but for some reason I just can't seem to make my finger work properly on one. Telecasters too, they just don't fit me.
Petey D

Ankle Burner & World Class Sauce Jockey

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage
I force myself to love my Ibanez and shitty g-dec when deep down i hate both of them. I'm just too poor to buy anything I want.
I forced myself to like my jackson neck because I loved the sound of the guitar. Now I do like it. But nothing still is as comfortable as my old Squire Tele
Irland ist ein Drogenparadies?
There are lots of guitars that I don't get along with. I try to make a habit of not buying them. One think I know about myself as a player is that I'm damn picky about gutiars. That's why my top 3 that I play all the time are custom jobs. That way I get what I want.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Quote by omotog
I was wondering, have any of you ever liked a guitar that didn't like you back?

Certainly not in the way you mean, I've never liked a guitar I couldn't play easily.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Les pauls aren't for everyone. I don't like them much either.