she got me a Fender acoustic-electric that cost like $300. My birthday's not for about another month, and she only told me what she got me 'cause she wanted to know if I'd like it or not, or if I would rather get a new electric.
Right now, I'm using an Ibanez RG-120, and I've been wanting to get a new guitar. If I did return the acoustic, my price range would be $500 and under. I'm also in a band at the moment, and as such an electric would probably get played way more. But I also like the idea of being able to walk around all day just playing guitar without having to worry about plugging stuff in and all that.
So Pit, I kindly do ask what you would do in this situation.
Thanks.
Sending a dummy to my God.

Keep the acoustic I say, everyone needs at least one acoustic. Save up for a new electric.
Quote by Erik_Aero
Keep the acoustic I say, everyone needs at least one acoustic. Save up for a new electric.

+1
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Quote by metaldud536
Your mom is not very smart. You don't buy somebody something and then ask them if they want it. Unless she bought it for herself originally.....

She probably just doesn't know about guitars. To a lot of people, a guitar is a guitar.
Yksinään hän vaeltaa mis' varjot lankeaa
Halki usvan ja roudan vain teräs seuranaan
Sydämensä kylmä on kuin maa routainen
Mutta silmissään viha polttava kuin kiuas tulinen
I say acoustic. I had a $300 acoustic and it was amazing. Got thrashed around and played so much. Finally broke when dad knocked it over when vacuuming my room.

Save up for a better electric, don't settle for the >$500 range.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
If you currently don't have an acoustic, take the acoustic. I'm not sure about Fender acoustics though, the one's I've played I never really liked, but thats just me
You cant decide if you want an electric or acoustic. She got you an acoustic-electric. Where is the problem here?

Either way, what Eric_Aero said.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Agreed!
Quote by doomded
You cant decide if you want an electric or acoustic. She got you an acoustic-electric. Where is the problem here?

Either way, what Eric_Aero said.
Go with the acoustic man, but switch up into a Seagull acoustic/electric. Seagulls in that price range are about as good as it gets. Their quality control is much better than most brands because they are such a small company, not to mention that they use pretty decent wood, even in the guitars in the $300-$500 price range.
imo id look for a hollowbody, they arent the same as acoustics, mainly because in my own sense would be able to do more with it. not exactly a fan of acoustics

(flamesheild goddammit)

Classical > Hollowbody > Acoustic
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
I think she's very smart. Something that costs over $100 should be specific.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by Deadlock Riff
imo id look for a hollowbody, they arent the same as acoustics, mainly because in my own sense would be able to do more with it. not exactly a fan of acoustics

(flamesheild goddammit)

me either man. I grew up on an electric.
Gear:
PRS Tremonti
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper 1000
Fender Telecaster
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Goth SG
Randall RD200
Line 6 Spider IV 150
Ovations are good if you like that sort of thing. Maybe get one of those for a couple hundred instead of the Fender. I don't really know how Fender acoustics play...
Quote by sebastian_96
I say acoustic. I had a $300 acoustic and it was amazing. Got thrashed around and played so much. Finally broke when dad knocked it over when vacuuming my room.

YOU! SIR! I LOVE YOUR DP!
Quote by herby190
When I saw that, I thought of musical notes.... my elementary school teachers taught them as "tee-tees" "ta-tas" and a bunch of other nonsense....
I would keep the acoustic. Playing acoustic is a much more important skill then playing electric.
With electric guitars you can pretty much mask bad technique with effects, and shit. On acoustic you have to be able to play good or you'll sound like shit.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Why the fuck would you do that?
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
Quote by Erik_Aero

This
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Keep the acoustic and save up for a new electric. If I were you though, I would possibly get a different acoustic. I dont know about Fender acoustics but I really enjoy the Ibanez acoustics. They make really good acoustics in the $300-500 range. They are definitely something to check out.

Good luck.
I'd keep it. If it was me, A) I'd keep it cause it's always good to have an acoustic, and B) I wouldn't want to upset my mom cause she went out and spent 300 bucks on a guitar and I showed her I didn't like it. (I don't mean to say that you will, that's just me)
Quote by darkstar2466
Don't fret man.
Quote by sebastian_96

huh????
there are a lot of GREAT electric guitars to be had that cost 500 and under.

as for the OP i personally would go to the music store pick up every guitar in your price range and see what speaks to you.
Quote by Deadlock Riff

(flamesheild goddammit)

are you on crack? a hollowbody is just a different sounding electric guitar for different situations. It is only similar to an acoustic in the sense that it is hollow. You would never mic up a hollowbody and play unplugged at an acoustic gig.
I walk around the house with an electric anyways. Use this to your advantage. She told you, you tell her.

But an acoustic could be a plus. I've got an RG120, I got a cruddy Floyd put in it, and now it should be being painted by my uncle. I don't care what he does to it.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by Alucard817
huh????
there are a lot of GREAT electric guitars to be had that cost 500 and under.

as for the OP i personally would go to the music store pick up every guitar in your price range and see what speaks to you.

Not really. There a lot of guitars that are good for the price, but there aren't really any great guitars for under 500
Keep it, it's nice to have an acoustic guitar lying around, plus chicks go crazy for a sappy song played on an acoustic guitar
Quote by slafoo
Lol I love the fact you use the word majestic to describe titties... it's as if there are hundreds of titties majestically frollocking in a meadow somewhere *drifts off*