Ive had my Ibanez with an Edge III for about a month, and in that time Ive broken the high E twice, and the B string once. These strings broke at the bridge. Both of these strings I just unwound it a little and put back into the bridge. They both broke when pulling the trem back, to raise the pitch. Is this a common thing for double locking trems like edge III's?
is sounds like the string is popping of instead of breaking just make sure the string is in the hole as far as it goes and tighten it
if thats not the problem you could have a sharp point
the bridge is level with the body rigth?
Yeh, just to clarify, were they breaking or slipping out? Strings that slip out won't leave any string left inside the saddle.

Also, does it look like the string could have broken right at the top of the saddle due to over-tightening? Or did it break about a half a centimeter/ a centimeter away from the bride?

Check for spurs on the bridge near the string breaks to see if the string was "snagging" on anything, also, make sure you don't over-tighten the string lock-blocks.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
The string snapped, not slipped out. It broke about a Centimeter away from the bridge on both times. Im not sure how much you need to tighten the string in the bridge. And yes, my bridge is leveled right,
You mean a fourth step? Yeah, that might help. LoL
But this string just broke again while doing a one step bend.
Im starting to consider buying an OFR
Well if the string breaks one centimeters from the bridge it's probably not the bridges fault.
If you bought the guitar new it has shitty strings on from the start. Buy new ones and buy good quality. If you bought the guitar second hand, buy new strings, you don't know how old the strings are. If you've already bought new strings you must have gotten some really crappy ones. Buy new ones and buy good quality.
Last edited by Sledgeman at Sep 3, 2010,
Quote by xxIceManxx08
You mean a fourth step? Yeah, that might help. LoL
But this string just broke again while doing a one step bend.
Im starting to consider buying an OFR

no, a fourth is 5 half steps.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.