So, anybody see the commercial for the first film of this trilogy? I know a lot of you guys don't like M Night Shyamalan, but I personally place his first 4 movies among my top 10 favorites. When he does scary films, he does them right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aINOilb_Kzc

I personally think this looks really, really good. Anyone else actually really excited?
Meh.

I liked signs though, despite how stupid it was.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
This may be a bit unreasonable, but after what he did to Avatar, I don't think I want to see any more of his movies.

I'm not saying it won't be good or anything, I just don't want to see it.
Looks interesting. I've always liked Shamalamas horror stuff.

Also, that chick in the trailer had a nice rack
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Aug 9, 2010,
People who can suck my left nut if they hate on Shyamalan.
Ever seen Sixth Sense? That's what I thought

On topic, I haven't seen this until this thread, and I'm anxious now
Quote by genghisgandhi
Your mom had a botched abortion, and you were the result.

Need a laugh?
Quote by MetaIronForce

._______________
||
|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|
|__LOLOMETER__|

That deserved a lolmeter

Quote by Lt. Shinysides
I personally think this looks really, really good. Anyone else actually really excited?

I'm not really excited, but it definitely looks like a great movie.

Here's the Wiki page if anyone wants it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_%28film%29

Could be a good trilogy. The trailer was definitely intriguing. I like movies that make you think, and that's usually M Night Shyamalan's strong suit. Hopefully I'll see this in theaters.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Unbreakable and The Sixth Sense are really good. Signs was okay. The Happening was absolutely awful. only movies of his I've seen. I'm not a hater so I'll give it a shot.

Unbreakable is one of my favorite films though.
PeaceLoveUnityRespect
after reading the comments of that video, I find it very sad how closed minded most people are. Majority of people have not even SEEN movie of the movies they are talking shit about, and they wont be giving anything else he comes up with a chance because of it.
Given how much I loved Unbreakable and Signs, I always find myself wanting to give him a second, third, fourth chance. I just keep coming out disappointed with him now. I definitely will see this, it might be his redemption. I'm hopeful

Edit: I found it really dumb, however, that the movie poster features an upside down cross. It doesn't have anything to do with the devil at all, the upside down cross is a symbol for Peter, the first pope. Kinda facepalmed for the movie industry.
Last edited by blake1221 at Aug 9, 2010,
I don't think he's directing it and I don't think he wrote it. I think he's more "Grandfathering" this, which is probably for the best.

I like Night's first few movies. They always look really good. But his dialogue has always been on the weaker side. And he doesn't great performances out of his actors. So this is kind of what I was hoping for. I like that he's having some help, and hopefully that will bring the quality of his movies up.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by blake1221
Given how much I loved Unbreakable and Signs, I always find myself wanting to give him a second, third, fourth chance. I just keep coming out disappointed with him now. I definitely will see this, it might be his redemption. I'm hopeful

Edit: I found it really dumb, however, that the movie poster features an upside down cross. It doesn't have anything to do with the devil at all, the upside down cross is a symbol for Peter, the first pope. Kinda facepalmed for the movie industry.
Like it or not, it's often seen as an anti-Christian or demonic symbol, even more so than it is seen as a symbol for Peter, in the modern word.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
I don't think he's directing it and I don't think he wrote it. I think he's more "Grandfathering" this, which is probably for the best.

I like Night's first few movies. They always look really good. But his dialogue has always been on the weaker side. And he doesn't great performances out of his actors. So this is kind of what I was hoping for. I like that he's having some help, and hopefully that will bring the quality of his movies up.

The wiki said he wrote the story, but he's not directing it. He's only producing it.
Sail upon the open skies
After The Happening I'm slightly sceptical, but it looks alright. I might check it out.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by JayT44
I'm not really excited, but it definitely looks like a great movie.

Here's the Wiki page if anyone wants it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_%28film%29

Could be a good trilogy. The trailer was definitely intriguing. I like movies that make you think, and that's usually M Night Shyamalan's strong suit. Hopefully I'll see this in theaters.

You're a Mod?! since when?!

also, film looks average, not amazing but not terrible, but I probably won't go see it.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

apparently its (loosley) based on this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Little_Indians_(novel)

Edit:

well after reading it, seems quite interesting and i want to read the book

plus im sure i will read it how it was meant to be, replacing indian with the original word (and then chuckling to myself)
Llama

On

Llama
Last edited by Hames3rd at Aug 9, 2010,
haha I remember reading about that book. The story is awesome. This will obviously be completely different though since its a different setting, but I can see the same type of thing go down.

Also, I loved The 6th Sense and Signs was pretty good, and Unbreakable is one of my favorites. I didn't like the Lady in the Water though and haven't seen the other but judging from other people they're not very good. I'll give this a shot though.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Quote by Hames3rd

Edit:

plus im sure i will read it how it was meant to be, replacing indian with the original word (and then chuckling to myself)

Really? I'm a bit more interested, now. And Then There Were None was a fantastic book.
Quote by angusfan16
The wiki said he wrote the story, but he's not directing it. He's only producing it.
It says story by. But the screenplay was written by somebody else.

I've now watched the trailer. Looks watchable.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by Hames3rd

Edit:

I highly reccomend the book. I'm more interested in this film now, especially seeing as he isn't actually directing it (as far as I can tell). Shyamalin is a great storyteller, but directing really isn't his forté.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.