The higher i sing the louder i have to get is that bad or is that common.
I know i get tense and im pretty sure thats bad but i really can't help it.
and when im singing in this high voice is it still chest voice, is it mixed or head voice?
i can also well around speaking volume but it kind of sounds like falsetto except less airy and more emotional and less power.
what do you guys recommend and or say i should do?
and any answers to my questions would greatly appreciated.
Record yourself using each of those so you know how you actually sound doing each, and use any of those techniques as you think the sound is appropriate. Just remember microphone distance and you will be more versatile for it in the end.
Quote by AJDrac
Record yourself using each of those so you know how you actually sound doing each, and use any of those techniques as you think the sound is appropriate. Just remember microphone distance and you will be more versatile for it in the end.

hmm i guess i could try that.
and after i record my self and realize i sound like ass what can i do to improve my tone?
Go see a teacher. Anyway, to loosen a bit up when singing, when breathe in let your stommach free, when singing out make it go in and "upwards". Actually it has to feel like you're tightening and loosening a corset all the way around your waist.

It's common to have to sing louder to get to the higher notes, but the more you train what I said above the easier it will get - and the less air you'll have to use.

But really, see a teacher just half a year or something.
Quote by cheesecakes4
Go see a teacher. Anyway, to loosen a bit up when singing, when breathe in let your stommach free, when singing out make it go in and "upwards". Actually it has to feel like you're tightening and loosening a corset all the way around your waist.

It's common to have to sing louder to get to the higher notes, but the more you train what I said above the easier it will get - and the less air you'll have to use.

But really, see a teacher just half a year or something.

Do you really think that in a half a year i can become a good singer?
and thanks for the tips i really appreciate them.
Quote by scaronyourface
Do you really think that in a half a year i can become a good singer?

It took George Harrison about 6 years.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by seemeel

-.-
6 whole years?
I think im fine with just being average.
Yeah that's normal. In order to reach the higher notes you have to expend more energy through the vocal chords, meaning you have to exhale more air which you're increasing through volume. This shouldn't be a problem unless you're straining your voice until the point where's it's causing pain. You know that you should be able to reach higher pitches with other methods as well, such as opening the mouth wider which creates more resonance or raising the eyebrows which alters the position of the larynx.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
dint really read the post, but to sum it up,

singing loud is alright

yelling loud is bad
That's just one of the hurdles you face when you're starting out. It's really difficult to get a balanced tone throughout your range. Unfortunately, it just takes a lot of work. I've been singing for around three years, and I just now feel like I'm getting a good amount of control over my voice.
Quote by seemeel

Not true, George was always a great singer, as was Paul and John... he just didn't develop the writing part of his game for about 6 years or so.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'