hi guys i was wondering if dunlop 02 conditioner is used as a cleaner to wipe off dirty stains off the fingerboard(grease etc...) or do you use it for something else? Also,whats the diff between dunlop 65 and the dunlop 02
I now have a signature
I think the 01 cleans the grime off the fretboard, and the 02 keeps the wood healthy. 65 refers to their polish or their wax for the body, or a string cleaner.
Last edited by Macabre_Turtle at Aug 9, 2010,
ok that sucks now i have to buy 01 lol
I now have a signature
Quote by jnsw
hi guys i was wondering if dunlop 02 conditioner is used as a cleaner to wipe off dirty stains off the fingerboard(grease etc...) or do you use it for something else? Also,whats the diff between dunlop 65 and the dunlop 02

As the name states 02 is a fingerboard conditioner. You're supposed to remove all grime and dirt from the fingerboard and then apply it. It helps keep the fretboard 'healthy' by keeping it slightly moist. Dry fingerboards IMO looks like they have dandruff all over it. Its good but no absolutely necessary.
yeh, like others have said, thats just to condition it, there is a separate cleaner! But one this to remember is you cant use them on maple fingerboards, i dont know why, but it says so on the bottle!