Right I'm giving this a go at the moment and it's all going ok, apart from one section.

------------------------
------------------------
------------------------
-------------------10--
----------7-9-10------
-7-8-10---------------

I'm playing that with the fingering 1-2-4, 1-3-4 and then 4. The problem I have is that going from the 10 on the A string to the 10 on the D string is a real pain. I just can't get it nailed down. At slow speeds it's fine but when I try to crank it up I just can't shift my pinky quickly enough.

Any tips?
Last edited by benhaha85 at Aug 9, 2010,
I don't know about you, but I'd always rather move my arm than put too much strain on my fingers. So if I were to play that piece, I'd probably use my 1st finger to play the 10 on the D string.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Quote by larrytheguitar
I don't know about you, but I'd always rather move my arm than put too much strain on my fingers. So if I were to play that piece, I'd probably use my 1st finger to play the 10 on the D string.

Yep, this. Or you could string skip and play the 5th fret on the G string.
i would play it how you are but instead of lifting the pinky i would roll it down
Try to"roll" it over without actually lifting the finger. You will hit the note on a different place than usual bur right after that when going back the more "main riff" thing you lift it back to normal while playing that 9th fret that comes after. That's how I would do I think so atleast try it!
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Actually I should have put the next part as this is why I can't just shift my hand or roll with the pinky.

Orig and new bit:

----------------------------------------------
-----------------10----9-----10-----10---
----------7-9-10---7-7---7-7----7-7-----
-7-8-10------------------------------------

Edit: Will give the roll and move thing a try.
Last edited by benhaha85 at Aug 9, 2010,
learn the B phrygian scale, since that is essentially what the above tab is, you`ll find the movement easier if you know the scale
Do you have any problems with pinky barre chord like B Major fundamental on A string ? you can try to bar more strings and to find a more relaxed position, try to have a straight pinky and to avoid the "banana position" if you know what i mean.
Same case after :
---------------------------17---------16
---------------14-16-17----14-14----
--14-15-17--------------------------
----------------------------------------
and in guitar II.

This problem is really unique, most of the time, advanced pupils got some pick or P.M. problems on this one ^^
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...