Okay, so I'm quite new to guitar pedals and I'm looking for my first ones...

My Gear:
Guitar ----> ibanez RG370DX ---> changed pickups to DiMarzio Evolutions (Neck and Bridge position) probably wasn't a good idea changing for my style, but I like the Tones I can produce.
Amplifier ----> Peavey envoy 110 40w
Strings ---> Ernie Ball Super Slinky Nickel Wound .009 - .042 (always buys these) ---> very comfortable with this gauge and don't want to change due to any possible changes in the neck position and and tension and other crap like that (I'm a bit fussy)
Bridge ---> Edge III Tremolo ---> probably a factor as well, always good to add in I guess =P

And yes I know my gear is quite average, which is probably a factor for making a decision.

I've played around with a range of BOSS pedals, and I wasn't really impressed with the overall sound IMO

The Pedals I want (I think the obvious ones):

Distortion
Metal distortion
Overdrive
Noise Gate
Noise Compression

These are all I want now and will probably invest in others in the near future

The stuff I play:

Heavy Metal, Metalcore (sometimes), Power Metal, Hard Rock, Thrash... some bands include Metallica (obviously), Parkway Drive, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Machine Head, Trivium (not much), Motorhead and Slayer (a little bit)

I know this is a big ask but your help would of course be much Appreciated =D and my price range is between $100 - $500... also if this helps I'm more rhythm moving into lead
for noise gate get an isp noise decimator-have one and love it(much less tone suck than the boss)

for a compression get a mxr super comp-coincidentally i just received one about 10 minutes ago from a craigslist deal haha...havent played around with it much but it works great for funk and also helps with sustain and clears tapping licks out

for distortion try a hardwire metal distortion or big muff

i highly recommend saving for a tube amp then pushing the preamp tubes with a od(i prefer a ts9)

but hey its your money do what you want
Guitars:
94' Epiphone Les Paul Honeyburst
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
Noise gate > Boss NS-2 or ISP
Distortion/Overdrive > Blackstar H5 Pedals (Built in tubes) / (they have tube pedals from overdrive to metal)
Get a tube amp by the way
dont go overboard right away. buying pedals can be very addicting and expensive. if i was in your shoes i'd probably get a metal muff (electro harmonix) and wait on everything else for a month or so.
Quote by zakarai
Noise gate > Boss NS-2 or ISP
Distortion/Overdrive > Blackstar H5 Pedals (Built in tubes) / (they have tube pedals from overdrive to metal)
Get a tube amp by the way

haha yeah i have a tube amp atm... but yeah, should probably invest in a new one... what price should i pay, do you reckon, for a good one? also i was recommended off a guy the "Boss ME-70 Guitar Multi Effects Pedal "... any thoughts? (also on what type of tube amp you recommend)
Quote by adambauman31
dont go overboard right away. buying pedals can be very addicting and expensive. if i was in your shoes i'd probably get a metal muff (electro harmonix) and wait on everything else for a month or so.

any thoughts on the "Boss ME-70 Guitar Multi Effects Pedal"?
Quote by DaNn0333
any thoughts on the "Boss ME-70 Guitar Multi Effects Pedal"?

IMO single effects are better because you can customize every effect and how you want it to sound..were as on a multi effects you might like the way one effect sounds but not the other. plus you can add and remove anything you want and the sound quality s typically better. for a tube amp how much were you looking to spent and what genres do you play
Guitars:
94' Epiphone Les Paul Honeyburst
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
Quote by denied
Yeah, junk. The good modellers are expensive.

Get a few quality effects for now.

What do you NEED? What KIND of distortion or OD?

And what the hell is a noise compressor?

What I need is what I've mentioned above for this thread...

And I just realised I used the wrong word... This is what I meant http://www.wholenote.com/item--EM.CS-3
My bad haha