I'm looking head for technical death metal and shred. I have 1600$ to spend.
I will get sound like necrophagist/daath/cannibal corpse.
My fovourist are:
-engl powerball v2/2 or fireball60
-peavey 6505
-krank revolution one
which one is better? why?
and what are the main differences?
All high quality amps, all quite suitable to the genre. The Krank is supposed to be very versatile when compared to the Balls and the 6505, as they're kind of one trick ponies, or so I hear. Any of them will probably satisfy you, but only you can make the call, and you can only do it one way: Go try them out. It's probably worth it to test each, even if you have to look for them for a while and make some trips.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
I have a 6505, and you might want to get an EQ pedal with it if you go with it.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
If you go the ENGL route, look at the Powerball II or the Fireball 100. These are newer revisions of the Powerball I and Fireball 60 respectively and will cut better in live/band situations, while just sounding better in general.

6505/6505+ is always a good bet if you don't need AMAZING cleans (the cleans are certainly still passable).

Any Krank amp will be love-hate in terms of tone. They just have a different sort of gain that not all people get along with. The Sweep control makes these amps very versatile but getting your ideal tone may require some tweaking.

Best bet is to try all of these amps in person if at all possible. They will all do what you're looking for, but they all go about it in a slightly different way.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
$100 more will get you an Engl Savage and Z-10 controller on Harmony Centrals classified forum and it will wipe the floor with all 3 of those amps.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
$100 more will get you an Engl Savage and Z-10 controller on Harmony Centrals classified forum and it will wipe the floor with all 3 of those amps.

Didnt know prices but this was the very amp i came to suggest.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I use a Mesa Mark V for tech-death. I play around with some Necrophagist riffs and solos, sometimes. I used a Powerball for a few month, also, but the Mark V is definitely better. It's not as "heavy" or whatever, but I'm a huge tone chaser. And it might be worth looking into. You'll need to tweak it for 48 straight hours, though.
( )( )
( . .)
C('')('')

You will die.
Quote by MatrixClaw

This... I have never heard an amp with more gain than the Savage, ever. I've played Rectos, own a Recto, heard countless 5150's, Mark Series, blah blah blah. But the day I heard an ENGL Savage, I just about pissed my pants when I heard the gain it has on tap. That's not to say it's the best amp out there, but you can sure as hell overdrive it. The only amps I can think of off the top of my head that could really compete with it in the gain category are perhaps the Triple Rec, ENGL SE/Invader, or some of the higher-end Diezels.

EDIT: Though I know you play techdeath, I would consider some other amps, however... Because you never know and your musical tastes could change. You could suddenly love jazz or classic rock and want an old Fender or Plexi sound, for example. ENGLs don't exactly do well in that category. At all.
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

Mesa Trad. Slant Recto 4x12 (UK V30s)
Custom Horiz. 2x12 (Commonwealth 12s)
Last edited by Karlboy at Aug 9, 2010,
If you can go used, get a Bogner Uberschall, I've seen them at GC, on Craigslist and Ebay for about $1600. Uberschalls will maul your face off, they are probably the best amp for anything high-gain. However, if you find one and can't afford, the Mesa/Boogie Triple Rectifier is probably the next amp that comes to mind. There are probably better amps out there other than a Triple Recto, but I've had good experience with Mesa/Boogie; the lead guitarist for my band owns one and absolutely loves it, and the distortion that you can get from them is mind-blowing. Also, I know Matt Heafy from Trivium uses a Peavey 6505+, so that's another option too. Personally, I've never tried Engl, so I'll definitely need to test one. Same with Diezel, and I've heard they're even more vicious than the Uberschall.
Quote by Jackal58
I eat dead meat all the time. You don't have to chase it around your plate and it doesn't try to peck your eyes out.

It Happens.

My Gear:

-Custom Fender MIM Black Strat
-Mesa/Boogie Rect-O-Verb
-Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Last edited by EvilAngel93 at Aug 9, 2010,
Quote by EvilAngel93
Uberschalls will maul your face off, they are probably the best amp for anything high-gain.

Meh, the Uber kinda sucks by itself IMO. That amp NEEDS an OD in front of it at all time if you're playing metal.

The Savage should pummel it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Meh, the Uber kinda sucks by itself IMO. That amp NEEDS an OD in front of it at all time if you're playing metal.

The Savage should pummel it.

I disagree with the sucks part, MC. I tried out an Uber for over an hour one time at huge volume, & it kicks some serious ass, although for hardcore metal I'd agree that it needs some tightening up, & could not match a Savage for that. The Uber does a lot of rock tones better & fatter than most IMO, but it all depends on how tight you need your sound. Even my SLO is not tight enough to do the super-tight modern metal on its own.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Last edited by riffhog at Aug 9, 2010,
Quote by riffhog
I disagree with the sucks part, MC. I tried out an Uber for over an hour one time at huge volume, & it kicks some serious ass, although for hardcore metal I'd agree that it needs some tightening up, & could not match a Savage for that. The Uber does a lot of rock tones better & fatter than most IMO, but it all depends on how tight you needyour sound. Even my SLO is not tight enough to do the super-tight modern metal on its own.

Yeah, the Uber is much more of a hard rock amp by itself.

It sounds good, but there's not any tones in that amp I'd use, without an OD for metal
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Yeah, the Uber is much more of a hard rock amp by itself.

It sounds good, but there's not any tones in that amp I'd use, without an OD for metal

WHOA
Way too hard core for me!

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011