I saw The National live like 3 weeks ago and I noticed they were playing Fender Amps. I'm looking to buy a new amp so if anyone knows what amps they use please let me know. Maybe this helps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5C2...feature=related

Also interested in what Interpol are rocking so the same question stands. And for help this time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU9ZyrSEMS0

Oh and if by any chance you didn't know these amazing bands, you think you don't like them, haven't listend to in a long time or just feel like doing so, give those songs a listen. They're very much worth it.
Quote by Sinister Waffle
Who pirates Winrar? that has to be the most passive aggressive program I've ever seen.

"hey you should really buy me, the 40 days is up"
* hits X button*
" Oh okay, maybe next time?"

You sir have just won a thousand internets.
When it comes to clean channels, Fender tube combos have quite a distinctive tone. I couldn't see The National video, but the combo in the Interpol vid looked like a deluxe reverb. When it comes to distorted tones, they're likely to use a stombox, since Fenders aren't truly celebrated for their driven tones - they're good for some old blues crunch often, but not really for sharp, modern distortion. They do like pedals, though, and pretty much any OD / Distortion pedal sounds good through a Fender's clean channel.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
You would only really want to look at the proper amps (Twin etc) and they're not cheap - Fender's less expensive beginner line (Frontman and some others) are pretty woeful.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
I'd really love to buy a Hot Rod Deluxe but I'm looking into these since they're from the two bands I'm likely to play the most. I love the Fender tone in general. Both my main guitars are fender. ^^
Quote by Sinister Waffle
Who pirates Winrar? that has to be the most passive aggressive program I've ever seen.

"hey you should really buy me, the 40 days is up"
* hits X button*
" Oh okay, maybe next time?"

You sir have just won a thousand internets.