wasn't bad at all really, especially the vocals, led zeppelin songs aren't the easiest to sing. seems to be a lack of stage presence though, would be good to see more adrenaline up there, would probably get the crowd more pumped up too
Gosh, that tone at the start was waaay off. Marshalls didn't do that in 1970. It sounded more like Metallica than Led Zep. The gain is most likely up too high on the amp. Though that could have been partly to do with the microphone. There are some tempo issues towards the end as well.

But other than that, it was not too bad. Trying to cover Led Zep faithfully is very, very hard, because none of us will ever be nearly as good.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Last edited by seemeel at Aug 9, 2010,
thanks for the comments. I agree the tone could have been better. We actually started without properly sound checking because the concert was falling behind in terms of time.
Quote by seemeel
Gosh, that tone at the start was waaay off. Marshalls didn't do that in 1970. It sounded more like Metallica than Led Zep. The gain is most likely up too high on the amp. Though that could have been partly to do with the microphone. There are some tempo issues towards the end as well.

But other than that, it was not too bad. Trying to cover Led Zep faithfully is very, very hard, because none of us will ever be nearly as good.

I disagree, a more distorted sound is fine. It gives it more chunk IMO. Unless being a purist in recreating a classic rock tone is the goal like a tribute band or something, which it isn't for me but just to make it sound rockin'.

Kind of like these guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NswRhVh3Axw

Good performance, the guy playing the slide should let it ring down before the drum and vocal break though.