ciao,

im new to guitar so im looking for a amp to go with my new guitar (les paul). i wil wanna play guns n roses mostly, but also metallica, led zeppelin, iron maiden, alice cooper, avenged sevenfold.. stuff like that. my budget is $300usd
Vypyr 30w.
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
JCA20
it is THE hard rock amp
Gibson RawPower SG 2009 (Zales)
Gibson Hummingbird 70's? (Amy)
Jet City JCA 20 Watt Combo
Dunlop Crybaby wah
MXR 10 Band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Quote by IXIchiodoIXI
JCA20
it is THE hard rock amp

Single channel and out of his price range.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Guitarbaddie
Single channel and out of his price range.

its on sale and if you use one of the GC discount tickets it brings the price even further down.

And theres nothing wrong with single channel
Gibson RawPower SG 2009 (Zales)
Gibson Hummingbird 70's? (Amy)
Jet City JCA 20 Watt Combo
Dunlop Crybaby wah
MXR 10 Band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Quote by adj209
Vypyr 30w.

This
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
so its down to the jet cityamp and the peavy viper, which one is best? are there any others?
peavey vyper = solid state with bells and whistles that you dont really need. not to say it's bad but yea, that's the jist of if IMO

jet city= tube amp with no frills just raw power (which is what hard rock is)

tube has much better tone than solid state 90% of the time and this is no exception. even versus the vyper tube, i'd say jet city because it's made by soldano and the amps are based off soldano's and we all know how great soldano is, or atleast their reputation.

ultimately it is up to you but i would pick jet city over peavey vyper any day. especially if your going after the ballsy sound of hard rock.

choose wisely
yeah definitely want a ballsy rock sound, think nightrain from GN'R's appetite for destruction. I just love the sleazy feel of that album.

so for 3-400, the jetcity 1x12 amp is the best choice?
Quote by XgnraddictX
yeah definitely want a ballsy rock sound, think nightrain from GN'R's appetite for destruction. I just love the sleazy feel of that album.

so for 3-400, the jetcity 1x12 amp is the best choice?

yea, i'd say so