I've been trading around a few pedals on craigslist, and once i do all the trades, i'll hopefully have the following pedals:
big muff
ibanez weeping demon
boss ce-5
boss overdrive / distortion

am i going to be losing enough signal to need a compressor? or am i going to have enough noise to need a noise reducer? or do i not need either one for such a relatively small board?

thanks!
ok thanks. do you think i'd be getting enough noise to need a suppressor though? it's not like i'd have them all on at once
the big muff gets pretty noisey when it gets into really high gain, you might need a noise gate for that.

I don't know which noise gate you should get because i've got a boss one and by the looks of it it dosn't work now -_- maybe i had a dud or something.
i could get a boss noise suppressor for basically free though, so i'll go with that.
and you're right, the big muff can get pretty damn loud haha.

thanks
first off, if your getting the big muff for distortion, i wouldnt get the boss. im guessing its the OS2. i own it. i like it. does both things well. but i bought it because it doesnt both things. if you want 2 individual pedals, a pedal specifically for overdrive will be a better overdrive. cool thing is, you can blend sounds if thats what you want.

having a distortion + another pedal gets noisy. especially any other form of pedal that adds volume. for example my OS2 and my boss GE 7 (EQ) on together get noisy.

get them hook them up and try them out. then decide. and that many pedals will not make a considerable signal loss. its not that many. thats not what a compressor does anyways. thats more for lots of fingerpicking and stuff. making all notes pop out equally. making hard hit notes and soft plucked ones sound the same volume.
You are going about this wrong. No one can predict what you will need.

Do some research, by a pedal, and see what things sound like. Then, if you have further needs/problems, I'm sure people here will be happy to help you out.

For example, if you get a ton of feedback, yes you will probably need a noise gate. But no one can tell you for sure beforehand.
Quote by denied
You are going about this wrong. No one can predict what you will need.

Do some research, by a pedal, and see what things sound like. Then, if you have further needs/problems, I'm sure people here will be happy to help you out.

For example, if you get a ton of feedback, yes you will probably need a noise gate. But no one can tell you for sure beforehand.

The big muff is a very noisy pedal with the gain turned up high on it. Everyone i know with one says the same thing, a noise gate will be good for him to have and he says he can get one basically free so there's not much to lose.