Both these guitars are in my Budget; and these are the two I've narrowed it down too, So I'll ask you guys. Which one would you rather get and why?

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-EC100QM-Electric-Guitar?sku=516637

OR

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG321MH-Electric-Guitar?sku=620737

I'm an Ibanez lover so, I'm leaning toward the Ibby, but what do you guys think?
How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

Twelve. One to change the bulb and eleven to say they could do it better.

Personally neither of them really speaks to me. I would probably get the ESP just because there's no way I'm playing one of those uncomfortable "wizard" necks for more than about 5 minutes.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Personally I'd get the Ibby, not only do I love the wizard neck but the switching options for the pickups means you can get more tones out of it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I dislike Ibanez vehemently, and I dislike singlecut guitars... so neither.

But if those were the only two guitars left on the planet and I had to choose between the two, I'd probably go with the ESP. It probably has better stock pickups and definitely has a more comfortable neck.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Based on looks I would get the ESP. I like the top.

But this means nothing.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by travislausch
It probably has better stock pickups and definitely has a more comfortable neck.

completely moot point.."comfort" is highly subjective..he said he likes ibanez

I'd get Used ibby if I were you(or any other brand for that matter)..
ibanez all the way. great quality guitars. but i don't really know anything about LTD
I'M GONNA GIVE YOU A BAD CASE OF SOMEONE SHOT ME IN THE HEAD!!!
Quote by Even Bigger D
Personally neither of them really speaks to me. I would probably get the ESP just because there's no way I'm playing one of those uncomfortable "wizard" necks for more than about 5 minutes.

I'd second this. =P Wizards are NOT my thing. But otherwise I'd probably go with the Ibby, not a big LTD fan from the time I've spent with them.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
I love the flat wizard neck on my RG3; and Ibanez absolutely sings with some DiMarzios and a the right wiring. But I love the way the ESP looks, and this guitar will be primarily used for D-Tuning so, ESP would be a heavier tone if I'm correct
How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

Twelve. One to change the bulb and eleven to say they could do it better.

Quote by NickGiovanni

so, ESP would be a heavier tone if I'm correct
Nope. The LTD has a basswood body, which has a somewhat brighter tone than the mahognay of the Ibanez. However, since both are bolt-on construction most of the tone is coming from the very brightly-toned maple necks anyway. Regardless, the Ibanez will be slightly more suitable for excessive down-tuning due to the longer scale length. If you're just tuning to Drop D or down a full step or something like that then there's no real difference between them.

Buy whichever one has the neck/scale length/fretwire you find most comfortable.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble

Buy whichever one has the neck/scale length/fretwire you find most comfortable.

This is really the answer. In that price range there is no substitute for getting your hands on the guitar and figuring out how it will feel TO YOU. It's all well and good to ask us what we would buy, but we're not you. While you're at it, you can check the guitar for obvious build flaws, which are not unknown on guitars in that price range.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
or look used and get a better guitar for the money. if you are an ibanez guy you could get a mij ibanez for about that. my friend sold an "assembled in USA of MIJ parts" ibanez S (sabre) for about $300. that was one of the nicest ibanez guitars i've ever played, and i like the brand.

just my .02
Last edited by gregs1020 at Aug 9, 2010,
It really depends. Have you played either, and (if yes) which do you like more?

Ibanez has a great rep, but ESP/LTD is really good too. Both the guitarists in my old band played LTD. I don't know how that model ESP sounds, but it should sound pretty good. I didn't notice, does it come with EMGs?
the ibanez , no competition.

trust me ,I've played both manufacturers low-end models, and when you like Ibanez, you will love the RG321MH.
Orange Enthousiast.
waste your money on a new made in china pos ibby. but for $300 you could do a lot better.

just because these guys didn't, doesn't mean make the same mistake.

good luck.
Quote by gregs1020
waste your money on a new made in china pos ibby. but for $300 you could do a lot better.

just because these guys didn't, doesn't mean make the same mistake.

good luck.

ugh,

1. The lower end ibanez models are Indonesian made, BIG DIFFERENCE.

2. Sure you can get great used guitars for that price, I got my MIJ RG548 for only 300.
But buying used is taking a risk, the neck might be warped, bridge knives might be dull, frets might be worn.
If all these things are still good, you probably still need to disassemble the whole thing and clean it up to get it playing like a new guitar.
If you don't have a lot of experience yet and don't know how to check all these things, buying new might be your best shot.

Also, my friends RGA32 is amazing for the price.
Orange Enthousiast.
ESP any day over the ibby bro. It's just smecks sex c:
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
I don't think these people who went for the LTD have actually played the cheaper LTDs. In my experience, they're systematically quite shitty. Indonesian Ibanezes are far superior, especially the fixed bridge ones (no Edge III to worry about). There's no contest as far as I'm concerned.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
The Ibanez, I've had my eye on an RG321 for a long time...
The only thing about it that i hate is the fact that it has dot fret markers, I'd much rather have the trademark ibanez inlays.

Also if you're using a decent tube amp, buy it and replace the pikcups to a pair of EMGs or Seymour Duncans
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Quote by TTC
ugh,

1. The lower end ibanez models are Indonesian made, BIG DIFFERENCE.

2. Sure you can get great used guitars for that price, I got my MIJ RG548 for only 300.
But buying used is taking a risk, the neck might be warped, bridge knives might be dull, frets might be worn.
If all these things are still good, you probably still need to disassemble the whole thing and clean it up to get it playing like a new guitar.
If you don't have a lot of experience yet and don't know how to check all these things, buying new might be your best shot.

Also, my friends RGA32 is amazing for the price.

not a huge difference, both pretty much suck ass.

if you have bought a guitar before, you need to look for the same things with new guitars. these "$300 new" guitars tend to come with issues as well.

the $300 mij ibby i posted earlier wouldn't need shit.

my point stands, for $300 new you pretty much get crap, for $300 used you have a chance at a decent ax.
Quote by gregs1020

my point stands, for $300 new you pretty much get crap, for $300 used you have a chance at a decent ax.

true..when I said that you gotta spend atleast 400 bucks to get a decent used guitar people started flaming me....

whats with UG these days?
Quote by archenemyfan
true..when I said that you gotta spend atleast 400 bucks to get a decent used guitar people started flaming me....

whats with UG these days?

ZOMGWTFBBQ!! my jackson is emmmazzzzing for $199.99!!!

EG is full of idiots. anyone that would rather have a chindonesian pos over a mij instrument deserves one imo.