Hello all, I saw one guys RGT6EX which he used half a year, the fretwires are heavily worn out. May be he used it extensively for tons of bending stuff. Then the thought came in my mind, how long does it take the fretwires to wear out usually? Does fretwire material varies from guitar to guitar i.e. indo/korea-made, MIJ Prestige etc? If it is so serious, can I take some precaution for my own guitar? Since, there is no such facility for changing fretwires in my country. thanks all.
My Guitar Rig:

> '09 Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue w/ DiMarzio John Petrucci Set
> ESP LTD V-50 Black
> Line 6 POD X3 Live
> Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
Usually frets take literally decades to wear out, in a whole lifetime of heavy gigging use you'll probably only need to get the average guitar re-fretted once or maybe twice.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Fretwire does vary. Most cheap guitars use very soft wire because it's easier to install and thus makes the guitar cheaper. I'm not deeply familiar with the various Ibanez models, but the MIJ/Prestige models I've played all seemed to have acceptable fretwire.

If you want your frets to last, avoid high steel strings in favor of nickel strings.

Given your location, it might make sense to just get what you can afford, and then if it wears out buy a copy of Dan Erlewine's Guitar Player Repair Guide, a roll of fretwire and some files and fix it yourself. If no one in Bangladesh is doing fretwork you might even make good money working on everyone else's worn out frets.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Quote by metalter
Then the thought came in my mind, how long does it take the fretwires to wear out usually?
depends on the quality of the wire
Does fretwire material varies from guitar to guitar i.e. indo/korea-made, MIJ Prestige etc?

yes...most cheap guitars use soft fretwire,MIJ prestiges have durable fretwire that lasts quite long

If it is so serious, can I take some precaution for my own guitar?

refrain from playing your guitar..

srs,I heard that steel strings make your frets wear ou faster than nickel strings..dont if this is true though

seriously dude,I've been following your threads and its seems to me that you're way too worried...MIJ prestiges last quite long

do you gig?

Edit : confirmed by the above post ^^ (strings)

and also beaten to it..twice
Last edited by archenemyfan at Aug 9, 2010,
haha archenemyfan, yeah I am worried in true sense.... nice to meet you, no I dont gig, I am a bedroom player. :p
My Guitar Rig:

> '09 Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue w/ DiMarzio John Petrucci Set
> ESP LTD V-50 Black
> Line 6 POD X3 Live
> Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
Quote by metalter
haha archenemyfan, yeah I am worried in true sense.... nice to meet you, no I dont gig, I am a bedroom player. :p

nice to meet you too

ah then you wont have to worry so much

My JPM is 12 years old and the frets are in damn good condition for its age. I've got a 92 RG neck that has some wear, but its not particularly bad.
If you really want to never worry about fretwear, get it re-fretted with stainless steel frets, you'll pretty much never wear them.