So i've SB'd, found nothing, so I'd thought that I would post a thread about this beautiful machine.

This beautiful beats looks awesome.

Everybody wants one, including me. I've heard the demos, and most of them play EVH stuff, but this still has the same legacy as the 5150/6505. The clean channel can be really clean, or, you can increase the gain on the channel to make that dirty. the crunch channel is more of a brown sound channel. Although you can get some insane hard rock tones out of it. The OD channel is a lot like the signature tone on the 6505. Very metal. This looks like the shit, and the H+C is $4000. I ma have to resort to prostitution.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
I got to play one of these a couple times at the studio my band used to practice at. It's a beast, even though a bit over priced IMO. I'd rather get a Peavey 5150 myself though.
I have a huge fear if rays.
They are pretty overpriced IMO...but they sound amazing. I play through one everytime I go to the local Guitar Center
Quote by polishedbullet
A local GC has one of those for pretty cheap compared to the new price. I think it's around $1300 for the head.

this.

though at one point GC or MF was selling "bump and dent" new ones for $1400. They went pretty fast.

or something else.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Aug 9, 2010,
Found one on ebay a while back
£600 buy it now

Wish i had the money back then,
its my alll time fave amp
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
sounds to me like you pay alot for the EVH name.

I'm sure its a good amp, but it seems overpriced. Would rather get an ENGL Invader or something along those lines for that money.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
they are nice. I've seen some go for 1200-1500. That's reasonable.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by DakoRob
sounds to me like you pay alot for the EVH name.

I'm sure its a good amp, but it seems overpriced. Would rather get an ENGL Invader or something along those lines for that money.

I had one for a while that I got for $1499 brand new. The amp is actually a pretty good value for that price, EVH name or not IMO. 3 separate channels w/ 3 separate sets of controls. It's like getting 3 different amps. To me, it actually sounds better than a H&K Triamp Mk3, which is very similar, but costs more than twice that. The 5150 III does a pretty good VH tone right out of the box.
What I didn't care for was the fact that it's f#@king HUGE & heavy, & I already had 2 other rigs that could get VH tones as good or better, so I didn't need a 3rd one (although it seemed like a good idea at the time-I fell in love with the plug & play VH tone). I also play out a bit, & having a fanboy EVH amp seemed a bit much, since I play mostly blues gigs I would've loved to keep it, but I needed a small 20W blues/classic rock amp more.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Ya it would be sweet if they could make a smaller 2 channel or a single channel but I think Fender's a little lost without Mike to help them . sweet amp though.

I have that same cab the 5150 lll only it's black, celestion greenbacks sound ****ing nice. I found it used new at guitar center traded in one of my xxx cabs for it, only cost me 250. My stack is the 5150 lll and a xxx sheffield topped off with a GH100L.
I'm sure it sounds great, but I'd really rather have 4 Ampeg SS140s or a dozen Crate GX130Cs.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by AcousticMirror
Ya it would be sweet if they could make a smaller 2 channel or a single channel but I think Fender's a little lost without Mike to help them . sweet amp though.

I've said it before: If Fender made the 5150 III in a single-channel version (high-gain channel only) in a small, portable package for say $699, they would not be able to manufacture them fast enough. There's nothing else that could compare, even at the $1000 level. The nice thing about the high-gain channel is that if you simply roll off the guitar volume a little bit, you basically have the 5150 III crunch channel! Roll it off a bit more, & you have cleans. Well, clean-ish
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Quote by riffhog
I've said it before: If Fender made the 5150 III in a single-channel version (high-gain channel only) in a small, portable package for say $699, they would not be able to manufacture them fast enough. There's nothing else that could compare, even at the $1000 level. The nice thing about the high-gain channel is that if you simply roll off the guitar volume a little bit, you basically have the 5150 III crunch channel! Roll it off a bit more, & you have cleans. Well, clean-ish

soldano avenger or jet city 100?

Quote by riffhog
The nice thing about the high-gain channel is that if you simply roll off the guitar volume a little bit, you basically have the 5150 III crunch channel! Roll it off a bit more, & you have cleans. Well, clean-ish

Isn't this true of all amps?
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Quote by STABxYOU

I'd say no. With most amps, you can't plug straight in & get a GREAT VH tone immediately, roll off the guitar volume a bit for a great classic rock tone, & roll off more for sparkling cleans. Why don't you let us all know the other amps you know of that will do that?
I'd love to broaden my knowledge base.
Thanks in advance.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard

Quote by riffhog
I'd say no. With most amps, you can't plug straight in & get a GREAT VH tone immediately, roll off the guitar volume a bit for a great classic rock tone, & roll off more for sparkling cleans. Why don't you let us all know the other amps you know of that will do that?
I'd love to broaden my knowledge base.
Thanks in advance.

I wasn't refering to the EVH's tone, but instead to the fact that most amps clean up when you back off on your volume knob.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Quote by STABxYOU
I wasn't refering to the EVH's tone, but instead to the fact that most amps clean up when you back off on your volume knob.

We ALL know THAT!

I'm just saying you really don't need all the other channels, because the voicing of the 5150 III is great. The guitar volume roll-off works VERY well on that amp.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard

Quote by AcousticMirror
soldano avenger or jet city 100?

Still haven't tried any of the Jet City products. Everyone seems to be raving about them. I just hate going to GC. I already have my own music store in my den anyway

Edit: Double-post ftl
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard

Quote by STABxYOU

no.

just in case randy's sarcasm detector needs a new tube.

edit: slooooooow post ftl.