Page 1 of 3
Link

People shouldn't be smoking around their children first off.

What does the Pit think of this?
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
I think it's child abuse, but it's stupid that this is a thing before making your kids fat as **** is.

If making your kids fat as **** is already child abuse, disregard this.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
If smokers want to destroy their own lungs, fine. But don't let it affect children or other people.
It's stupid, but I don't think you should be able to get arrested for it, unless you do so much that your kids will have lung cancer at the age of 12.
Um...why is it anyone's business what you do to your kids? It's not like you're beating them black and blue. Besides, chances are that the kids will be fine.
I think it should be classed as child abuse and have some sort of penalty. That is all.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Gosh.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
I agree with this wholeheartedly, and I smoke like Speedy Gonzales during sex.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
The health concerns aren't why, it's because it's really ****ing annoying when someone is smoking in the car. It can be painful at times, especially if you have asthma. But I don't think it should be illegal simply because it's carcinogenic. Plenty of other things are.

Quote by TEK34
It's not abuse, but I don't agree with smoking in the car with others in it.

I don't even like being in a car that is often smoked in. It still smells disgusting.
Quote by boreamor
It's not abuse but they should be ****ing smart enough not to do it anyway. I personally think it should be illegal to smoke in public, completely, anyway.

If they can only smoke in private doesn't that mean in the house? Isn't that worse for the children?
Im a smoker, and i would never do that or smoke in front of kids.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Um...why is it anyone's business what you do to your kids? It's not like you're beating them black and blue. Besides, chances are that the kids will be fine.

+1. My parents have smoked in the car with me in it forever. In Maine, and probably other places, you can't smoke in a car with a child under 17...like anyone pays attention to that.
Quote by captaincrunk
If they can only smoke in private doesn't that mean in the house? Isn't that worse for the children?

My gran goes outside to smoke. I'm fine with that. But you should be able to smoke in your house, just not around children. Ie, go outside

I hate people who smoke at bus stops. It's illegal but they do it anyway. It makes waiting for the bus horrible for me.
it is abuse when you can't breathe and you ask for the window to be opened and they say no and to stop being a coward.

i hated my family
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
Quote by boreamor
My gran goes outside to smoke. I'm fine with that. But you should be able to smoke in your house, just not around children. Ie, go outside

You realise not everyone owns their own house, right? What about us poor nicotine addicts who live in non-smoking accomodation?

It doesn't actually apply to me, though, since I smoke flavoured tobacco which doesn't smell of smoke, so I can puff away in my flat and nobody knows...
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
You realise not everyone owns their own house, right? What about us poor nicotine addicts who live in non-smoking accomodation?

It doesn't actually apply to me, though, since I smoke flavoured tobacco which doesn't smell of smoke, so I can puff away in my flat and nobody knows...

Well if it's non-smoking...

I basically mean no smoking in like really public streets, i.e. the High Town street or something. There's nothing worse than a smoking crowd...
Quote by boreamor

I hate people who smoke at bus stops. It's illegal but they do it anyway. It makes waiting for the bus horrible for me.

But outside is... well pretty public now isn't it? Especially if you live in an apartment. Do you have to live in the countryside to smoke now?
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO

(Invalid img)

???
Quote by captaincrunk
But outside is... well pretty public now isn't it? Especially if you live in an apartment. Do you have to live in the countryside to smoke now?

My personal opinion is that they should ban ciagarrettes all together so what do I care if you have to take a long walk
My dad always smoked in the car when I was a kid...never did me any harm, didn't particularly care as I remember
Quote by T.s.e
(Invalid img)

???

The only problem with this idea is I don't want to quit smoking.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

I smoke but I think it's child abuse to smoke around children (at least when they have no option not to be around the adults) and it's also a bad influence toward their future. And kids being really fat should be child abuse.
Still suck at guitar? Try Jamora

Need any help with guitar, music theory, technique, practice exercises or improvisation? Just send me a pm! I love to help

Peace. Love. And chaos.
I don't live in the UK, so I can't really speak for how things are there.

However, I grew up around family members who smoked in the car and everywhere else, so I don't really think it should be considered child abuse.
Quote by boreamor
Well if it's non-smoking...

I basically mean no smoking in like really public streets, i.e. the High Town street or something. There's nothing worse than a smoking crowd...

I don't think it should be illegal but I think people should have the courtesy not to do it. I hate it when people smoke in my face. It's disgusting. I don't give a shit about my lungs but cigarette smoke is vulgar and it's plain rude to do it in my face.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']I don't live in the UK, so I can't really speak for how things are there.

However, I grew up around family members who smoked in the car and everywhere else, so I don't really think it should be considered child abuse.
Nice logic.
I smoke but I think it's child abuse to smoke around children (at least when they have no option not to be around the adults) and it's also a bad influence toward their future. And kids being really fat should be child abuse.
Still suck at guitar? Try Jamora

Need any help with guitar, music theory, technique, practice exercises or improvisation? Just send me a pm! I love to help

Peace. Love. And chaos.
seems reasonable to me If the parents were doing something else to their children that caused them cancer, even if it was unintentional, there'd still be some pretty serious investigations and stuff. And i'm a soon-to-be (hopefully) ex smoker too.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
My dad would put his cigar out by shoving it up my rectum

It's not child abuse really
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Old man smoked in the car until I was about 14 when he quit. I've got no problem in my lungs whatsoever and I never had a problem with him doing it as long as there was a window open.

I think non smokers should get off their high horse.
Last edited by Confusius at Aug 9, 2010,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Science disagrees with you. If you're smoking around kids in a car then you're a massive idiot. Damage your own health if you want, i have nothing against that but when it affects people who have no choice then you're doing something wrong.
Quote by Confusius
Old man smoked in the car until I was about 14 when he quit. I've got no problem in my lungs whatsoever and I never had a problem with him doing it as long as there was a window open.

I think non smokers should get off their high horse.

Word.
Smoking in a car is retarded though. Makes the car smells like crap, and it lowers the value of the car. Plus, you can burn your seats. I wouldn't want anyone to burn my leather seats.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Word.
Theres a difference between some whiny non smoker who wants to ban cigarettes because they're a health freak and someone who wants to ban morons smoking around their kids. A kid in a car isn't going to have a choice if they want to be exposed to smoke. People can do what they want with their own body but they shouldn't inflict it on other people.
Quote by Zoot Allures
A kid in a car isn't going to have a choice if they want to be exposed to smoke. People can do what they want with their own body but they shouldn't inflict it on other people.

Pfft oh please, there's a window.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
I'd just like to add a little word to this thread:

I refuse to take crap from metal heads about smoking, on account of inhaling toxic fumes as a passtime, while killing children slowly in the process is BuhR00tAlZz.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Page 1 of 3