Ok so I'm wantin to upgrade my solidstate crate 15w to something a little better and with more power for gigging and such. I like all styles tho I want tones from asking Alexandria and Chelsea grin heavy kinda stuff to classic rock and that kinda thing. I'm lookin for maybe $500. I found a used peavey valveking 212 100w for 300. How are those? They seem nice but I wanted ugs help! So thanks in advance guys
I have the Valveking 112 and replaced the Stock Valveking speaker with a
Celestion Vintage 30. The Stock speakers are extremely muddy so they must be replaced, otherwise it will always sound mediocre. With the new speakers it's a much more versatile amp.

Keep the 15W for practice and Valveking 212 for gigs cause 100w is too loud to play at home.
You also need a boost pedal of some sort or OD pedal that serves as a boost. Lastly you need a noise gate/suppressor if you want to gig.

$300 (amp) + 2x $150 (Speakers) + $140 (OD pedal/boost) + $140 (Noise suppressor) =
$ 880 ( A setup worthy of gigging).
Save up $80 more, and buy an Egnater Tweaker. Nao!
EDIT: I read your post more carefully and realized you are looking for a more powerful amp. In that case, I have heard good things about the Peavey 6505. I have never tried one, but I played the 5150, and I imagine they are a little similar. (Correct me if I'm wrong)
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
Last edited by The3818919 at Aug 10, 2010,
I've heard good things about the 5150 But idk if this amp is worth it and for 300 I don't think that's too bad of a price
Wrong forum. Post this in GG&A if you want answers from people who know what they're talking about.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by Charlie4
I have the Valveking 112 and replaced the Stock Valveking speaker with a
Celestion Vintage 30. The Stock speakers are extremely muddy so they must be replaced, otherwise it will always sound mediocre. With the new speakers it's a much more versatile amp.

Keep the 15W for practice and Valveking 212 for gigs cause 100w is too loud to play at home.
You also need a boost pedal of some sort or OD pedal that serves as a boost. Lastly you need a noise gate/suppressor if you want to gig.

$300 (amp) + 2x $150 (Speakers) + $140 (OD pedal/boost) + $140 (Noise suppressor) =
$ 880 ( A setup worthy of gigging).

dude for 900 bucks he can buy a mesa combo
Guitars:
94' Epiphone Les Paul Honeyburst
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
Ok, no on the valveking.

Peavey 6505 112 combo if you are looking for a new amp.

Used, well we need a "nearest major city".
i think you can find a bugera v22, which should be enough power to gig with, for under $500. i dont own one personally but i played one at a guitar center and it seems very good for the price. another one you could consider would be one of the amps from Marshall's haze series. its a little bit more but it will be well worth it. that amp should last you a long time and im 100% happy with mine
Quote by tubetime86
Wrong forum. Post this in GG&A if you want answers from people who know what they're talking about.

Did you happen to notice that this *is* the GG&A forum? :P
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

Mesa Trad. Slant Recto 4x12 (UK V30s)
Custom Horiz. 2x12 (Commonwealth 12s)
Louisville Kentucky theres like twomusic stores around here and one doesn't carry many amps and the other is way overpriced. I saw the valveking on cl and that's why I asked