What does it means when there is a number written over a tab. For exemple in the solo of Arch Enemy tab for Behind the smile. There is a 3 written over the tab on some notes. A little further in the solo there is 6 written over some notes.

I am also guessig that when you play two strings for exemple the third and the fifth string but there are no notes on the fourth string. It means that that the fourth string is a X even if it's not written on the tab. I am pretty sure it's not finger picking since this is Death Metal
Quote by bast1981
What does it means when there is a number written over a tab. For exemple in the solo of Arch Enemy tab for Behind the smile. There is a 3 written over the tab on some notes. A little further in the solo there is 6 written over some notes.

I am also guessig that when you play two strings for exemple the third and the fifth string but there are no notes on the fourth string. It means that that the fourth string is a X even if it's not written on the tab. I am pretty sure it's not finger picking since this is Death Metal

The first part is probably triplets, but post a pic so I can make sure

For part 2, either mute it or use hybrid picking, depending on the situation and what sound you want.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
I don't know how to take a screenshot in TuxGuitar but here is the guitar pro tab that i am using. Is it track 3. I know this is advanced stuff for a total beginner.

For the record i am tuned in C standard.

Arch Enemy - Behind the smile ver 2 tab

The part i am talking about is in between 32 and 36