I don't have very much experience of guitar gear, and I wonder what's better, to get a better amplifier or just new pedal or perhaps a new guitar even?

I currently have a Randall V2XM 30 Watt Combo and a BC Rich Warlock guitar.

I play mostly metal, such as Slipknot and My Chemical Romance, I also play a couple of clean songs such as Three Doors Down and the song Carry On My Wayward Son.
Get a nice amp, first. I think someone from Slipknot plays Orange. I'm not sure why I know that, but I think I do. You'll probably do well with a Marshall for that stuff. I'm sure someone will mention one, as I have no knowledge of Marshalls. I tired to help, but I guess, I couldn't. Hahahaha.
( )( )
( . .)
C('')('')

You will die.
Quote by Cazee
I play mostly metal, such as Slipknot and My Chemical Romance.

LOL, Made me laugh.

ANYWAY!

Depends on your pickiness, if you really want a versatility of tones, try a Peavy Vyper or a Spider IV. and if you want strictly "metal" and cleans, then go with a two channel marshall, or something of the sort
How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

Twelve. One to change the bulb and eleven to say they could do it better.

New amp definately.

How much can u spend?
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Amps are king! A piece of crap guitar can sound great through a great amp. A great amp won't require any pedals, either.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by NickGiovanni
LOL, Made me laugh.

xD yes it's not to compare I meant there in between, and I wrote down MCR since I've been playing some of their songs
Last edited by Cazee at Aug 9, 2010,
Quote by holycow
New amp definately.

How much can u spend?

I only have about 4500 Swedish Crowns, so apparently about 635,5 US Dollars
Blackstar ht-20
Guitars
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Quote by Cazee

I play mostly metal, such as Slipknot and My Chemical Romance

HA!

No, but seriously get a new amp first.

EDIT: Aww, NickGiovanni beat me to it...
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Quote by Cazee
Blackstar Ht Studio 20 Combo?

yeah, thats a good versatile amp.
Guitars
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Quote by riffhog
Amps are king! A piece of crap guitar can sound great through a great amp. A great amp won't require any pedals, either.

Unless you would want to use weird modulation or time based effects of course. But I get what you are saying...in terms of distortion pedals and whatnot...no matter what I use in front of my amp..I still prefer the amps tube distortion.

I still do use an OD pedal on the clean channel though occasionally..and on my dirty channel as a boost in dirt/volume...or to tighten it up in a way.
your Swedish ... shouldn't you be listening to At The Gates and Bloodbath instead of Slipknot and MCR?

but, on topic ...

New amp > new pedal . whats your budget?
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
when i think 3 doors down, i think of things like "duck and run" or "down poison," so not sure what you mean by clean like them...
and ive always think of earlier MCR stuff as well, which is more pop-punky, and not so metal.

uh, back on topic, i would aim for a more american voiced amp. though a quick google search shows that chris henderson of 3DD uses vox for his cleans. someone said marshall up above, but i would be stearing away from that marshally crunch, and going towards something else.
new amp is the way to go though.
maybe something like a bugera V22?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by holycow
Blackstar ht-20

U sure 'bout the ht studio 20, why not the ht club 40?
Quote by kakos
your Swedish ... shouldn't you be listening to At The Gates and Bloodbath instead of Slipknot and MCR?

but, on topic ...

New amp > new pedal . whats your budget?

already wrote budget, yet I will get some extra money
holycow and kakos, I will have 915.33 USD at the end of the month, any new suggestions?
Quote by Cazee
holycow and kakos, I will have 915.33 USD at the end of the month, any new suggestions?

For metal purposes Peavey 6505+, but if cleans are really necessary it may not be the best amp for it, but its okay. Try to see if you can get a Mesa rectifier.

Also do you already have a cab?

EDIT

wait you in sweden. Maybe something along the lines of a Engl? (its cheaper over there than US right?)
Quote by MatrixClaw
anyway, i must be off, my gf says we gotta go cause i poked her and now she's bleeding

Quote by BobDetroit
The real question is why the **** are you talking to your mom about a Mesa?What the hell did you think she was going to say?"No dear, I prefer Dual Rec tone?!"
Quote by Cazee
U sure 'bout the ht studio 20, why not the ht club 40?

they're both good. If u are gigging and want more headroom, get the 40.

other amps i recommend are a Peavey JSX combo(might be slightly over ur budget) or Jet City JCA 50h(u need to buy a cab also).
Guitars
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Quote by holycow
they're both good. If u are gigging and want more headroom, get the 40.

other amps i recommend are a Peavey JSX combo(might be slightly over ur budget) or Jet City JCA 50h(u need to buy a cab also).

Sry I guess I'm a bit new to this stuff, what is a cab?
cab = speaker cabinet
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100