Right! I am crap behind the theory side of guitar and music for that matter! I pick up guitar really fast though and have been playing for 5 - 6 years on and off!

I have been trying to create some chords in different tunings similar to some Alter Bridge chords as my band is Melodic / Hard Rock.

The tunings we use are;

E A D G B E - Standard

D G D G B D - Nice sounding tuning

D A D A D D - Alrighty sounding tuning

C G C F A D - Drop C

Basically I was hoping that members of UG could help me out with some awesome chords in these tunings or give me some pointers on how to create an Alter Bridge(y) sounding chord!

Cheers

RR
look at some alter bridge (and creed) tabs for some chord voicing ideas - you could also take the experimental route by drop tuning your guitar, playing a root and fifth, then adding notes. you can come up with some interesting stuff and it's one of the ways mark developed his style.

if you're a rhythm player, playing fuller chords across 5 or 6 strings will really open up your playing and give you a much fatter sound. tremonti has had a profound influence on me in terms of incorporating melody into the rhythm section.
Pick a key, create a progression which gives you the notes, then just look for different voicings that sound good to your ear. Theory is independent of tuning.
Cheers for the reply haz! I will definitely try out what you said! Check up on the latest info on their third album! They have track listings for it! You can almost imagine how they are going to sound
Quote by RyanRhythm
Right! I am crap behind the theory side of guitar and music for that matter! I pick up guitar really fast though and have been playing for 5 - 6 years on and off!

I have been trying to create some chords in different tunings similar to some Alter Bridge chords as my band is Melodic / Hard Rock.

The tunings we use are;

E A D G B E - Standard

D G D G B D - Nice sounding tuning

D A D A D D - Alrighty sounding tuning

C G C F A D - Drop C

Basically I was hoping that members of UG could help me out with some awesome chords in these tunings or give me some pointers on how to create an Alter Bridge(y) sounding chord!

Cheers

RR

D G D G B D is Open G, if that helps. Playing open strings plays a G Major. I highly recommend googling "Open G" and learning a bit about chords in that key.
Open G is an awesome tuning that can create some nice progressions and chords that you wouldn't normally play [well, at least for me it did, and I did borrow some stuff from Jeff Buckley too].
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I am a very big fan of Jeff Buckley so will try some of his chords too Thanks everyone for the reply!

RR