Dear UG Community!

I recently aquired a Randall RG75 G2 Solid State Amplifier + Footswitch for a good price on EBAY. I was wondering if anyone of you guys could help me
set it up properly.
I also posess a Line 6 XT Live Effects Pedal, and my question is.. HOW DO i set it up to get the best out of it.. tonewise..

I play a lot of Metallica, Disturbed and Volbeat stuff, so a decent Palm Mute (My Ibanez guitar has EMG 81/85 HB) sound with high gain levels is my top priority.

My current gear setup is:
I connected my Guitar into the "INPUT" jack of my Randall amp, and from there i "SEND" my output signal into my Line 6 XT Live "Input" jack.
From there i have 2 ways to Loop it back to my Randall amp.

Those are the "Left/Mono" jack or "Right" jack (which seems to be stereo); into the "Return" jack input on the backside of my Randall. Which one is the best option?
Are there any other ways to set it up? Any good tips on how to adjust the Volume Levels for SEND and RETURN properly?

I dont have and additional Speakers for my Randall, just the amp with the included 12 inch celestion.

Which output mode do i select in the POD XT Live: Studio/Direct, Combo PWRAMP?
Can i adjust anything else to get more sound of it?

Iam really lost with all the possible ways to adjust this Pedal to my new amp and dont really know what to do..

Please help me out!

Thank you

With regards
Christian
You may want to check out the manuals on the Line 6 website.

That being said, you're going to want to use the "Left/Mono" jack if you're only using one amp.

I probably wouldn't use the amp modeling on the Podxt Live; just use it for its effects.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
If you want to use the POD for distortion, not just effects, run from your guitar into the input of the POD, then from the PODs Left/Mono out to the FX Loop Return of the RG75. If you run into the amp, with the POD in the loop for distortion it wont sound as good as just running straight to the POD.

If you only use the POD for effects, the way you had it set is right, use the Left/Mono to run back into the Return on the RG75, and the Send to the PODs input.
Quote by littlephil
If you want to use the POD for distortion, not just effects, run from your guitar into the input of the POD, then from the PODs Left/Mono out to the FX Loop Return of the RG75. If you run into the amp, with the POD in the loop for distortion it wont sound as good as just running straight to the POD.

If you only use the POD for effects, the way you had it set is right, use the Left/Mono to run back into the Return on the RG75, and the Send to the PODs input.

Yep, that.

Though I can't quite fathom why you wouldn't just use the amp's distortion. It's kind of a "metal" amp.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.