Hey,
I'm going to buy a new bass but I don't know which yet.
I was thinking of
http://www.musicstore.de/nl_NL/BEF/Ibanez-ATK310-SOB-Soda-Blue/art-BAS0004519-000 An ibanez ATK 310 or
http://www.musicstore.de/nl_NL/BEF/Bassen/Elektrische-bassen/Fender-Deluxe-Active-P-Bass-Special-MN-Chrome-Red/art-BAS0000327-005 Fender deluxe P-bass.
What are the pro's and cotra's of those basses?
I play mostely metal/post-hardcore/punk music
Gr Lyske
Fender. more versatile tones from multiple pickups and more controls. Plus, people respect the classy fender look

My friend just bought a standard jazz bass, it has amazing tons for everything. a lot of bands in the styles you listed use jazz basses anyway
Last edited by HomeRecording at Aug 9, 2010,
Even though that Ibanez looks awesome, I'd recommend the Fender because of its versatility and higher build quality. (The bass player in my band has that exact Fender and it's really nice).

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
If I were to look at an Ibanez in that price range I'd be looking at the SR500s. I'm a huge Ibanez fan boy but even I wouldn't tell you don't get a Fender if you're playing punk music.

Just realized you're not American so I'll rephrase that. I like Ibanezes but Fenders are very good for what you're looking for
Just on a side note I once played the ibanez and I thought it was going to eat the ****ing amp so powerfull and growling that it was
I retract my previous statement. Did a little research on that Ibanez and it looks like a great bass. As an Ibanez fanboy, I say get the Ibanez
ATK is pretty close tonewise to a stingray, totally different from a P-bass... having played both i would (and did) buy an ATK..
70s VM Jazz
Ibanez ATK300
Peavy Tour 700
Peavy 2x15
GK 4x10
The ATK can do anything the P-bass can and more imo.
Plus it has a super badass style going on.
The ATK has insane sound and quality for the price. :3
I like P-basses, but overall I'd go for the ATK.
I wanted one of those deluxe Ps for a long long time but it was a massive disappointment when I played one which put me right off Fenders. I do own an ATK and I'd like to buy a couple more of them when I can raise the money.
thanks for the advice guys!
Any way I'm going to make a trip to the musicstore in a few weeks so I'll probably try everything that I can afford :p
Quote by Lyske

Any way I'm going to make a trip to the musicstore in a few weeks

Take me with you
I need to test every acoustic /electric guitar / bass and amp in there.
Aswell as dribble a bit standing next to a wall of too expensive saxophones.
Quote by shmbluh12
Take me with you
I need to test every acoustic /electric guitar / bass and amp in there.
Aswell as dribble a bit standing next to a wall of too expensive saxophones.

I you live near leuven then I might :p
But for me it's like a 3 hour ride so yeah
ATK hands down. It gives you just the tone you're looking for without the price of a stingray.
Quote by shmbluh12
I live about an hour away from leuven

Nice, and good news I think I'm gonna buy the ATK next week in brussels because there it's 40 euro's cheaper than the "oh so cheap" musicstore