Quote by Jok3r1337
I was thinking about Locrian or Aeolian but i'm most likely deaf

This doesn't sound modal to me, it sounds tonal. If it is, Locrian and Aeolian are out of the question. Sounds major to me, but I could be wrong.

Quote by zakarai
Major scale, Key is G I think

Wow. No. Even if it is modal, it has the key signature of B major, which doesn't even contain a G natural.

EDIT:
Quote by ChrisN
Repeating bass note is E. Sounds Lydian to me.

Edit: ^ Seems to fit; Bmaj/Ionian > E Lydian. Although it was more than likely played as Major with some out-of-scale notes.

I was listening to it on my laptop speakers and didn't notice the repeating E. After you posted, I plugged in my headphones to take another listen. I agree completely. Sounds E Lydian to me.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
Last edited by Jimmy_Page_Zep at Aug 9, 2010,
Repeating bass note is E. Sounds Lydian to me.

Edit: ^ Seems to fit; Bmaj/Ionian > E Lydian. Although it was more than likely played as Major with some out-of-scale notes.
404: Sig not found.
Last edited by ChrisN at Aug 9, 2010,
I learned my A Major double octive scale frist. But the great thing about this is ounce you learn a major scale or minor scale, or pentatonic all you have to do is move up or down 1 step and bam you know a different scale but its played the same way, same pattern.

The reason you would want to learn scales is so that when your playing with others and your all playing in the key of A for example and some one says "yo man bust a solo out" you will know what notes you can play that will sound good with everyone. Also if you learn your double octive scales all your modes are contained within that scale, so essentially ounce you learn your major & minor patterns you learn all the modes within those major and minor scales, the only thing is knowing which note a paticular mode you want to play starts on.
^^
Random post is random.

Quote by kandhasamy
Also if you learn your double octive scales all your modes are contained within that scale, so essentially ounce you learn your major & minor patterns you learn all the modes within those major and minor scales, the only thing is knowing which note a paticular mode you want to play starts on.

That's not what a mode is. You don't change "modes" just by starting the scale on a different note. There's a lot more to it than that.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
Quote by Jimmy_Page_Zep
^^
Random post is random.

That's not what a mode is. You don't change "modes" just by starting the scale on a different note. There's a lot more to it than that.

Geez I think it's a spambot weighing in on the modes argument
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud