so im thinking of getting either the Takamine Ean10ctbs or the Etn10ctbs but i cant decide between one or the other. one has sapele sides and the other uses mahogany, other than that there virtually the same. i havent palyed either becuase no dealer had them so do you think that its make the world of a difference? i mean there both the same price and all... yo no se Help?
NEVER buy a guitar that you haven't played before hand, or no one you know has played one. I learnt that the hard way. If you still want the guitar but know no one that has played one, then one word for you. Reviews. Do your reasearch first.
reviews don't always do it. newbies give meh guitars stellar reviews all the time - i see 5 stars for guitars that don't sound all that good and have not great finishes and second rate hardware. also a lot of people review a guitar just after they buy it, so they're still in the excitement phase - while later on they may have been a little less enthusiastic.
Last edited by patticake at Aug 14, 2010,
Quote by patticake
reviews don't always do it. newbies give meh guitars stellar reviews all the time - i see 5 stars for guitars that don't sound all that good and have not great finishes and second rate hardware. also a lot of people review a guitar just after they buy it, so they're still in the excitement phase - while later on they may have been a little less enthusiastic.

thats what im afraid i may end up doing... ive looked at reviews and theyve all been happy and ill get a good guitar for the money im spending, its inevitable but will i cry in a year or 2 when i play one way better for the money im spending is the question. i like the cedar, mahogany, rosewood mix of the guitar and the pickups are good shit from what ive hear.
im looking for a good solid guitar thats nice and warm but still has the ability to "open up" if that makes any sense. kinda a good mix of warm and bright.... any suggestions?