So this is two parts...

I'm looking for a good rhythm guitar so start on. Right now I own an LTD F-50 which is ok but I would like something with more power, or maybe it's just too dull. Any suggestions would be great.

Also I've tried a lot of strings but can't seem to find any that really suit the F-50 (tried light tops heavy bottoms, custom gauge, misfits sig strings and the dunlop Zakk Wylde strings) If anyone can tell me what they felt comfy with on a similar or same guitar (maybe even more specifically for rhythm) that would be awesome!
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
Your guitar will be infinite. Far over 9000.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/oXiDe2030/fnmetal.jpg[/IMG]
I got a Line 6 Spider III 30W and a Crate FXT120 Guitar Combo Amp with DSP
Quote by Macabre_Turtle

Quote by BeastTheBand
I got a Line 6 Spider III 30W and a Crate FXT120 Guitar Combo Amp with DSP

Sell the spider.
get a guitar with active pickups
Quote by MarijuanaIsGood
if the elephant on the left is green, and the spider on the right is blue, what is in the middle and WHAT THE FUCK COLOR IS IT??

Quote by ThatGuy153à
Yo stop tripping, its just a Purple Bag'O'Green

i dont wanna melt in 2030
do you scoop your midss on the metal setting by any chance?

boost your mids and enjoy the difference.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
do you scoop your midss on the metal setting by any chance?

boost your mids and enjoy the difference.

hmmm never thought of that. I'm not very good with my settings yet, still discovering..been playing for about a year n 7 months now.
Quote by Macabre_Turtle

its ok,

its a very easy mistake,

it sounds great when your alone but in a band situation you tend to find your invisible in the mix

playing with your EQs is a very important part of finding your tone and getting to know your gear.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I may have missed the answer/question

but wth is a Rhythm guitar?

arterial severely confused.
Quote by Arterial
I may have missed the answer/question

but wth is a Rhythm guitar?

arterial severely confused.

Any kind of guitar that plays rhythm music better than lead?

Yeah, never scoop your mids unless you want to sound small and weak. If that doesn't work, then get some really nice passive pickups, or take the easy way out and get actives.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Any kind of guitar that plays rhythm music better than lead?

Yeah, never scoop your mids unless you want to sound small and weak. If that doesn't work, then get some really nice passive pickups, or take the easy way out and get actives.

like what guitar?

i cant imagine a guitar that cant do both.
There are. It's not like it's physically imposisble to play one on the other, but some guitars are[/]i more suited to certain styles of playing than others. A basswood bodied, bolt-on maple and ebony guitar wouldn't be too hot for rhythm but it would be good for fast lead playing. An indian rosewood-bodied guitar with a set mahogany neck wouldn't be so great for lead playing but it would be incredible for rhythm.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.