Hello,

I have a Vox Valvetronix. I've had it for about 2 years now and it's great. As for my question,

Recently while playing the sound will cut out or just stop. Very similar to if your cable is failing on you. This is what I thought it was, so I changed cables and the same thing was happening. I tried using a different guitar and still, same thing.

Any idea what the problem might be? Could it be the amp? They say it's half tube and half solid state so I would not have to change a tube, would I?

Sorry for a pretty noob question and thanks for any help.
Long shot, but does the input jack on the amp feel loose at all?
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender American Special Strat
Assorted Boss and Hardwire pedals
Vox AC15C1
Quote by DManTech
Long shot, but does the input jack on the amp feel loose at all?

This is prolly what it is, if the tubes were going, then you would get fading problems, not sudden complete loss of volume.

The best way to fix it is to have the jack replaced by an amp tech, (some things you shouldn't do on your own unless you know exactly what your doing, amps can easily kill you).
I just checked the input jack and it's not really loose. A tiny, tiny bit, but that seems normal?

Also, the sound does sort of 'fade out' I will be playing and it will sound fine, then the volume will decrease along with static noise and eventually I hear nothing. It starts to happen after playing for maybe 15 mins.

I think it's the amp because I can't see all my cables just dieing on me out of nowhere. So, I guess I will take it in or possibly even shop around for a new one.

Thanks for the help.
Quote by Scissortooth
I just checked the input jack and it's not really loose. A tiny, tiny bit, but that seems normal?

Also, the sound does sort of 'fade out' I will be playing and it will sound fine, then the volume will decrease along with static noise and eventually I hear nothing. It starts to happen after playing for maybe 15 mins.

I think it's the amp because I can't see all my cables just dieing on me out of nowhere. So, I guess I will take it in or possibly even shop around for a new one.

Thanks for the help.

If your just gonna get a new amp all together don't get the VT again. Dont get me wrong they are good, I own one myself, but there are better ones out there.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by diceksox1809
If your just gonna get a new amp all together don't get the VT again. Dont get me wrong they are good, I own one myself, but there are better ones out there.

I agree. It was great for the time I had it.

It's busted. I tried my old starter amp and it worked fine. So I'm going to look around for something else.
It could even be the pickups of your guitar. Do you remember messing with the wiring recently? Maybe something came loose and if causing sound to fade.
Next time you get that problem try flicking the toggle switch. If amp regains sound it just might be the pickups. If not, it's probably the tube.