Nay
12 8%
Never worn them
36 23%
Voters: 155.
Page 1 of 3
Do any UGers wear contact lenses?

Are they a hassle to live with?

If you started with glasses and moved to them, do you feel more confident etc?
I have glasses, but wish I had contacts. For some reason it freaks me out though :/
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
I enjoy my contacts, I like them more then glasses. I'm not sure if I feel more confident. No I don't see why they would be considered a hassle.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Quote by blue_strat

Yes.

Quote by blue_strat

No.

Quote by blue_strat

What?
SPORTING CLUBE DE PORTUGAL

"And the earth died screaming as I lay dreaming"
I love them, major confident boost

Just dont sleep with them, it's bad
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
I have glasses, tried contacts and can't deal with them. So I usually just don't wear either.
Contact lenses all the way man!

They are more precize when it comes to distance. Also, they're not a hassle when you get used to them.

Bear in mind that I use +11/+12 contacts; I've heard they're more confortable when they've got a bit less effect.

Also, I don't look as much as a nerd as I used to.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Aug 9, 2010,
Quote by Dealer16

What?

Some people are insecure about wearing glasses, I kinda am.
Quote by lolmnt
I was given a pair of glasses. Never wear them though.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by MightyAl
Never worn contacts. Don't like the idea of touching my eye.

The best thing is: You ain't touching your eyes at all! (If you're doing it right, that is.)
Quote by blue_strat

Yes

No, after a week or 2, you won't feel them anymore. I've been using lenses for almost 3 years.

And uh, somewhat yes. I used to look like a nerd so, it really changed. It all depends on how you look with glasses.
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Some people are insecure about wearing glasses, I kinda am.

Then go for the contacts. Some people look good with glasses and some don't, if you think (for some reason) you're the latter your confidence will definetly boost when you're wearing contacts.

Quote by sfaune92
The best thing is: You ain't touching your eyes at all! (If you're doing it right, that is.)
That's like saying putting a rubber glove on and touching your eye isn't touching your eye.
Quote by Dealer16
Then go for the contacts. Some people look good with glasses and some don't, if you think (for some reason) you're the latter your confidence will definetly boost when you're wearing contacts.

Yeah, but.

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
I have glasses, but wish I had contacts. For some reason it freaks me out though :/

I get really freaked out at doctor's offices :/
Quote by lolmnt
Quote by MightyAl
That's like saying putting a rubber glove on and touching your eye isn't touching your eye.

The contact kinda "falls" when you're putting it so that you don't touch your eyes.

Quote by Dealer16
The contact kinda "falls" when you're putting it so that you don't touch your eyes.

It's closer than I'd like.
I wear contacts; monthlies. I never take them out unless I have to, I sleep in them etc, but you're supposed to take them out at night, in case anyone didn't know. Sometimes I need to make myself cry to be able to see properly, as when they dry out, I can see as much as I can if they weren't in at all.
Quote by MightyAl
Never worn contacts. Don't like the idea of touching my eye.

Think about this. Sometimes a contact will come out without me knowing so I'll spend like ten minutes poking my eye trying to get it out.

I prefer contacts over glasses. I get the 30 day ones and wear them for like 3 months.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by TenInchClock
I wear contacts; monthlies. I never take them out unless I have to, I sleep in them etc, but you're supposed to take them out at night, in case anyone didn't know. Sometimes I need to make myself cry to be able to see properly, as when they dry out, I can see as much as I can if they weren't in at all.

That's bad for you, dude.

I started wearing contacts maybe three years ago. Started out on clear, but now i do colored ones. They're quite nice. I'll post a pic of them later.
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Aug 9, 2010,
I've been wearing contacts since the 7th grade and I've been outta school since 08 (so I was or 13, fixin to turn 21)

It can get old taking them out every single day, I got a certain brand of contact that lets your eyes breathe better, so what I do I just leave them in until they wear out (yay America I have no insurance) The contact itself will have some kinda white spots growing on them and will make you feel like you have dirt or somethin in your eye. Freaky huh, you can get your contact solution and rub em and get some of it off but Idk and just take em out before bed and chunk em and next mornin put some new ones in.

Overall they are worth it, I wore glasses since the 2nd grade (blinder than a fukin bat) if you are willing to take care of them, they will last a long time! But if you like the look of glasses and aren't responsible, don't waste your time or money. I just don't care

Thrasher
Last edited by RivercrestColts at Aug 9, 2010,
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
I get really freaked out at doctor's offices :/

No need to worry man, it's not like they're going to drill into your eyes to see how they are. Oculists never touch your eyes for this kind of thing, except for 2-3 tests I believe which won't hurt you at all, I don't even know if you'll feel them.

I have really tiny eyes (I'm hispanic, but with asian backgrounds) so it was a big freaking pain to put them on at first. But after a while, everything goes perfectly fine.
Quote by kevC4
No need to worry man, it's not like they're going to drill into your eyes to see how they are. Oculists never touch your eyes for this kind of thing, except for 2-3 tests I believe which won't hurt you at all, I don't even know if you'll feel them.

I have really tiny eyes (I'm hispanic, but with asian backgrounds) so it was a big freaking pain to put them on at first. But after a while, everything goes perfectly fine.

I just hate any contact at all, I'm a total pussy when it comes to it. The air puff thing makes me freak out, to the point that they didn't make me do it last time. I've passed out, woken up, and vomited at the eye doctor before.
Quote by lolmnt
I HATE glasses. Will not wear them. I think glasses are the hassle

I wear contacts and have no problem with them. My only real complaint with contacts is that I nap alot..so its a drag to have to get up and take them out as opposed to just falling asleep happily where I am.

My sister, however, sleeps in them. She has never taken her contacts out for 5 months and counting ! Id rather follow directions and keep my eyes from getting infected.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
I take mine and put them in a little container with a proper liquid every night before going to bed, sometimes I sleep with them because I'm not at home or something but that's it. And if I wear them for too many hours in a row my eyes start getting itchy, my doctor says that when that happens you should take them out for some time so that the eye can "rest".

Quote by yellowfrizbee
I HATE glasses. Will not wear them. I think glasses are the hassle

I wear contacts and have no problem with them. My only real complaint with contacts is that I nap alot..so its a drag to have to get up and take them out as opposed to just falling asleep happily where I am.

My sister, however, sleeps in them. She has never taken her contacts out for 5 months and counting ! Id rather follow directions and keep my eyes from getting infected.

O_o How the hell have her contacts not deteriorated yet?

I have continuous wear contact lenses. You keep them in for 30 days (and nights) and then change to a new pair. They're no hassle at all now I'm used to them, had dry eyes in the morning for the first week or so. As long as you make sure your fingers are always clean and disinfected before you touch your eye you'll have no problem.

Much better than having daily or monthly contacts, far less hassle and cheaper for me too.

And to all the people who sleep in their contacts when they're not supposed too; that's really bad. You're blocking oxygen from getting to your eyes whilst you sleep. You should only sleep in contact lenses that are high oxygen permeable and designed to be worn continuously.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Guilty!

I feel much better wwith them on, both socially and at home, and half the time I don't even notice I'm wearing them.

Only problem is that my eyes are more sensitive because of them, and that there's a time limit for wearing them.
Quote by blue_strat

I wore glasses to take notes in class and ever since I got contacts it's much less of a hassle, it's also better for playings sports like football and stuff cause I don't have to worry about breaking anything except my face.
Quote by darkstar2466
Don't fret man.
Quote by Dealer16
That's bad for you, dude.

Mine are made where you can sleep in them.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
I just hate any contact at all, I'm a total pussy when it comes to it. The air puff thing makes me freak out, to the point that they didn't make me do it last time. I've passed out, woken up, and vomited at the eye doctor before.

I was, but then I started to use contacts, and ended my fear. DON'T BE AFRAID, DUDE!

Quote by MightyAl

You're finger isn't touching the eyes; only the contact, and it'll do harm, I swear!

It seems MUCH scarier than it really is. You should try it.
Last edited by sfaune92 at Aug 9, 2010,
Quote by sfaune92
I was, but then I started to use contacts, and ended my fear. DON'T BE AFRAID, DUDE!

Did you not notice the fainting and the puking part? I'm not exactly fond of that place.
Quote by lolmnt
Quote by blue_strat
How easily do they fall out?

If you don't play with them all the time, they won't. But if they do, it's just to pick them up and put them in the lens containers as fast as possible. (Mine survived being out in the dry for 20-30 minutes.)
Quote by OddOneOut
O_o How the hell have her contacts not deteriorated yet?

I have continuous wear contact lenses. You keep them in for 30 days (and nights) and then change to a new pair. They're no hassle at all now I'm used to them, had dry eyes in the morning for the first week or so. As long as you make sure your fingers are always clean and disinfected before you touch your eye you'll have no problem.

Much better than having daily or monthly contacts, far less hassle and cheaper for me too.

And to all the people who sleep in their contacts when they're not supposed too; that's really bad. You're blocking oxygen from getting to your eyes whilst you sleep. You should only sleep in contact lenses that are high oxygen permeable and designed to be worn continuously.

Hmm, I think ive heard of those. I think ive got my annual eye exam soon and I know im running out of contacts. Ive got the monthlies, but I like the sound of the continuous wears better. Think ill ask about em.

Now im curious what everyones vision is ! Mine is pretty bad. I wear a -3.0 contact lense and my vision on paper is 20/400 last time I checked.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
I started with glasses, didn't move on to contacts till I was 18,

I LOVE them.

I have a bad stigmatism, so the first time i tried them about 5 years ago it was all fail.
But I tried toric lenses, and they work greatx]
Used to, got tired of them. People seem to like glasses on me more.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
Page 1 of 3