View poll results: ???
Ibanez WD7
8 27%
Jim Dunlop Kirk Hammet Signature
13 43%
Other
9 30%
Voters: 30.
ok since i have spent quite alot in the way of guitar pedals in the past month (NPD thread coming towards the end of the week) i have come to the decision that my much loved crybaby needs replacing and i have looked into quite alot of pedals and i have narrowed it down to 2...

Ibanez weeping daemon

or

Jim Dunlop Kirk Hammett Signature

im considering going for the KH signature because it is simple... plug in and play and i love my cry baby now so im kinda in love with that brand lol

but the weeping daemon is more customisable from what i have read so that is also an option....

any opinions????

Edit: price isnt a problem and i do play ALOT of hard rock... Metallica, megadeth, guns n roses, avenged sevenfold etc
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
Last edited by Dave Frenzy at Aug 9, 2010,
Quote by Creeping_Kwano
have you had a go with the zakk wylde one? its much cheaper, and imo better sounding

And the exact same pedal as the same standard GCB-95 in a different colored shell.

TS, I personally didn't like the KH wah and I'm not a fan of the Weeping Demon at all. Try the MXR/CAE wah.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Crybaby 535Q in my opinion.

KH, Slash and ZW wahs are overpriced.

Weeping demon I have no opinion of

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
I picked the KH, but just because I think almost any Dunlop wah can kick the crap out of the Weeping Demon.

Honestly though, I didn't like the KH wah...it was a little trebley if I remember correctly.

Zakk Wylde wah is good.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
i actually liked the kirk hammett wah, like i said, its simple, you dont need to mess about with settings so its just plug and play and it seems to have a wider sweep than my current wah aswell
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
I enjoyed the Joe Satriani signature Wah.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Why is KH wah winning? The Weeping Demon is superior in many ways..
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Quote by adj209
Why is KH wah winning? The Weeping Demon is superior in many ways..

TBH, I don't really like either but I'd much rather have the KH wah. Weeping Demon is harsher and has even more treble.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
TBH, I don't really like either but I'd much rather have the KH wah. Weeping Demon is harsher and has even more treble.

Well with the WD7 you have the option to adjust the parameters,that pretty much sells me on it. Plus I'm not a fan on signature pedals, especially since a regular original crybaby does the job just fine.

Move along.

Quote by steve_muse
I mean, for adjustable parameters there are several other wahs I'd much rather take than the WD7. It's just a different sounding wah that I don't like at all. The GCB-95 does fine but so do an ass load of other pedals. I'd rather have something better than fine.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
I mean, for adjustable parameters there are several other wahs I'd much rather take than the WD7. It's just a different sounding wah that I don't like at all. The GCB-95 does fine but so do an ass load of other pedals. I'd rather have something better than fine.

yeah i agree, if OP meant that money aint a problem then i think he should get a digitech whammy.

Move along.

Quote by steve_muse
^ which none of the pedals mentioned so far are.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by adj209
yeah i agree, if OP meant that money aint a problem then i think he should get a digitech whammy.

They're completely different pedals. A Whammy isn't anything like a wah.

EDIT: ^I finally got to try out a CAE/MXR wah over the weekend and I gotta say it's a great option for high gain. I liked it better than I ever could get my Teese to sound for it. The Teese always had that vintage flavor in the mids that I couldn't get rid of that I absolutely love for what I play but not for high gain.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Last edited by mmolteratx at Aug 9, 2010,
CAE wah is my favorite that I've ever heard, never actually gotten to play one though. But believe you me, if I were the type of man to own a wah, that would be it.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

I have a WD7 and don't really like it. Maybe mine was just an odd one out but mine cuts the sounds for an instant every time it's engaged, and foot switch mode doesn't work anymore.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Quote by mcraddict81592
CAE wah is my favorite that I've ever heard, never actually gotten to play one though. But believe you me, if I were the type of man to own a wah, that would be it.

I've been hearing about it since it came out and GC finally had one in stock to demo this last weekend. I can see why they sell so many. Hands down the best wah Dunlop makes aside from the rack one. The others don't even compare. This one can hang with the big boys in the high gain department. I still think Teese, Fulltone, Keeler, etc. beat it out by quite a bit in the low gain area though.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Dunlop rack wahs are so good. Want.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
i like my steve vai bad horsie 2... i think its better and less than the KH95 (Kirk Hammett Wah) and the WD7 but i guess thats just me
I like my KH95 alot, sounds better than my regular Crybaby. I like the trebley sound it has, but maybe it's just because Kirk is the one who got me into wah pedals in the first place
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Neither, I would get a Morley Power Wah.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Hammett. I'm not a big Metallica guy, but it's one of the best wahs I ever heard.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
The KH wah is a nice wah (I own one and am happy with the purchase-- only downside is that its not super versatile but if you're not looking for the versatility then the KH is a great choice-- especially if you do high gain)

The KH wah is also true bypass so it wont hack your tone as much as other wahs (including the WD-- from what i've heard that is).

I'd go with the KH but you might also want to check out the Mark Tremonti Morley Wah (which is supposedly great, but the downside is that I hear the sweep is small).
I recommend the Dunlop Crybaby 535Q as well. It's adjustable, but i don't think they make them with True Bypass anymore. You could always wire it for TB yourself, though. I personally would also swap the original inductor for a Fasel inductor though. But that's just me. With the 535Q you can adjust the sweep though, so you could choose exactly how wide of a sweep you want.
i dont know where you are looking for them, but i got mine of Gak for the same price as the standard one
hmmm ok after looking at the results and peoples opinions i think i am going to grab one of the KH95's for my birthday =)

thanks for the help/advice everybody!
Quote by Metalmarathon

Attic Green
My Band